Security is the protection of the assets of an organization, using training and technology. Vulnerability includes the faults in the system that can result in an unauthorized access to the sensitive data. Security and vulnerability management is the process of identifying, classifying, and mitigating vulnerability in digital technology along with the security of the system.
Security and vulnerability management is used by the organizations to reduce risk and monitor the security policy. Security and vulnerability management (SVM) make security solutions easier, simple, and cost-effective by increasing automation, nature of security within less consumption time, and high accuracy. Identification and elimination of threats are the prime advantages of the security and vulnerability market. However, the inability to identify dynamic threats is a limiting factor for the adoption of security and vulnerability management solutions.
Increase in threats of cyber-attack, considerable growth in cloud computing, and stringent industry standards & regulations are the major drivers of security and vulnerability management market. The IT sector is prone to numerous vulnerabilities, and is hence forced to implement security and vulnerability management. However, the major restraints limiting the growth of the market are lack of knowledge about security and vulnerability management solutions and huge upfront cost.
The market is identified by moderate competition, with presence of established international vendors. They are adopting strategies such as acquisition and mergers with niche players for the extension of their portfolio. For instance, Dell Inc. and EMC Corporation merged together to form Dell EMC, to offer an extended portfolio.
The report segments the security and vulnerability management market on the basis of type, industry vertical, organization size, and geography. Based on type, the market is classified into solution and services. By organization size, the market is segmented into large and small & medium. Based on industry vertical, the global security and vulnerability market is segmented into banking, financial, and insurance (BFSI), aerospace & defense, energy & utility, healthcare, public sector, IT & telecom, retail, and others. The market segmentation on the basis of geography includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major player of this market are EMC Corporation, IBM Corporation, McAfee Inc., NetIQ Corporation, Tripwire Inc., Symantec Corporation, Skybox Security Inc., Alien Vault Inc, Qualys Inc., and Tenable Network Security.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global security and vulnerability Management market.
- In-depth analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023.
- Geographically, the global security and vulnerability market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2016-2023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions is provided that determines the prevailing opportunities in these geographies
Security And Vulnerability Management Market Key Segments:
- Security Information and Event Management
- Policy and Compliance
- Forensic and Incident Investigation
- Device Vulnerability Assessment
- Application Vulnerability Assessment
By Organization Size
- Small and Medium Scale
- Large Scale
By Industry Verticals
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Utility
- Public Sector
- IT & Telecom
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East