Security Detection System Market Insight
An intrusion detection system (IDS) is a system that monitors network traffic for suspicious activity and issues alerts when such activity is discovered. It is a software application that scans a network or a system for harmful activity or policy breaching. Any malicious venture or violation is normally reported either to an administrator or collected centrally using a security information and event management (SIEM) system. A SIEM system integrates outputs from multiple sources and uses alarm filtering techniques to differentiate malicious activity from false alarms. Although intrusion detection systems monitor networks for potentially malicious activity, they are also disposed to false alarms. Hence, organizations need to fine-tune their IDS products when they first install them.
Impact of COVID-19 onSecurity Detection System Market:
- Organizations should take hands-on steps by advising their staff and customers to be more attentive and cautious especially when opening links, emails or documents related to the subject COVID-19.
- Working of many security teams is likely to be reduced due to the COVID-19 pandemic thereby making detection of malicious activities difficult and responding to these activities even more complicated. Revising patches on systems may also be a challenge if security teams are not operational.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many employees working from home and students learning virtually, enterprise virtual private network (VPN) servers have now become a lifeline to companies/schools, and their security and availability will be a major focus going forward.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Within the security detection systems market, airports are expected to remain the largest end use industry with the highest growth due to increased air traffic, and new airport construction across the globe. Growing demand at airport checkpoints for luggage and passenger security is also one of the factors for the growth of security detection system market. However, how to respond to threats by organizations can hamper the growth of market. Contrarily, government spending on security systems due to concerns about the usage of improvised explosive device (IED) and other explosive types are the opportunity factor for the global market.
Growth in demand at airport checkpoints for luggage and passenger security
Airport security plays a key role in engendering trust in passengers when it comes to air transport. It seems obvious that air travel would not have evolved the way it has in recent years if it were not secure, if passengers hadn’t trusted that their flight would arrive at its destination without any life-threatening incidents. Security, therefore, is not only a pillar for the development of aviation but has actively contributed to the passenger number growth we have witnessed in recent years.
The 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 are the most relevant to date; shaking the future of aviation and transforming airport security forever. From this moment on, every country implemented a security model that was based on the inspection of all passenger belongings with restrictions on items able to be carried in hand luggage; increased training requirements; and employee inspections on entering security-sensitive areas. It also provoked huge changes in international civil aviation, supposing the introduction of security measures by every country to mitigate the threat to commercial aviation. It greatly affected the passenger experience, as items that were previously permitted were removed from hand luggage and waiting times at security increased significantly.
Knowing how to respond to threats
A common problem for organizations that implement IDS is that they lack an appropriate incident response capability. Identifying a problem is half the battle, knowing how to respond appropriately and having the resources in place to do so is equally important. Effective incident response requires skilled security personnel with the knowledge of how to swiftly remediate threats, as well as robust procedures to address issues without impacting day-to-day operations. In many organizations there is a big disconnect between the people charged with monitoring alerts and those managing infrastructure, meaning that swift remediation can be difficult to achieve. To highlight the importance of having an appropriate incident response plan in place, the incoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires organizations that process any type of personal data to have appropriate controls in place to report breaches to a relevant authority within 72 hours, or risk a large fine.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global security detection system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global security detection system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global security detection system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global security detection system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Security Detection System Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
CEIA USA Ltd, Morpho Detection Inc., OSI Systems, Inc., Garrett Electronics Corporation, Nuctech Company Limited, Bruker Corporation, Fisher Scientific Inc., L3 Technologies Inc., Smiths Group plc., Leidos Corporation