The helmet is a protective accessory worn to protect the head from damage and injury while performing recreational activities, sports, construction work, transportation, military use, and others. The helmet has been used since historical times mostly for military use such as Corinthian helmet, Roman Galea, great helm, Bascinet, Brodie helmet, Stahlhelm, flight helmet, and others, mainly constructed from metal, leather, steel, pith, and other material. The advancement in technology has led to the expansion of the raw material used for helmet manufacturing such as plastic and synthetic material, which led to the development of specialized helmet, athletic helmet, bicycle helmet, motorcycle helmet, racing helmet, sports helmet, and construction helmet. Security helmes, known as safety helmets, are mostly used by the workers in form of personal protective equipment to protect the head from injuries by the impact of a falling object, open flame, electric shock, high temperature, and hazardous objects. They are colored differently according to the set regulations of color code such as white for managers, engineers & supervisors; blue for electricians and technical operators; green for safety officers; red for firefighters; yellow for laborers & others.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic scenario has led to the shutdown of various construction sites which has impacted the sales and revenue of the security helmet market. The distribution channels have shut down and the domestic supply chain has been disrupted due to the implementation of lockdown and transportation restrictions.
- The global supply chain of the security helmet market has been impacted due to the export and import restrictions imposed in various countries.
- Several manufacturing units were initially shut down to prevent widespread coronavirus disease, which led to the shortage of manpower and has reduced the requirement of security helmet as well.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The security helmet is considered as protective equipment for head to provide resistance against severe injury and damage. They are essentially required for conducting daily activities at construction sites, transportation, and manufacturing industries. Increase in safety concerns, surge in mortality rate due to accidents, requirement of PPE kit, enhancement in raw material, large scale production, increase in construction sites, safety requirements of laborers, increase in industrialization, smart security helmets, advanced features incorporated in security helmets, color-coded safety helmets, availability of helmets in various designs, IoT helmet, enhanced comfort & safety of helmets, availability in variants of security helmets, increased durability, high performance of industrial safety helmets, leading innovation and technology, improvement of existing product, new product development, high temperature resistance, type 1 hard hats, type 2 hard hats, helmet safety standards, security helmet in PPE kits, incorporation of harness straps, sports helmet, motorcycle helmet, full helmet, half helmet, water repellent, battery incorporated security helmets, label of certification, ventilation feature, specific designs for construction firm, change in trends, expansion of product line, increase in urbanization, and rise in disposable income are the key driving factors for the growth of security helmet market. However, the increased competition, availability of substitute products, high-priced smart helmets, and government regulations hinder the growth of the security helmet market.
The Global Security Helmet Market Trends
Launch of Smart Security Helmet
The security helmets are manufactured with compliance with the set standards by various regulations. The safety helmets, known as hard hats, are classified as type 1 hard hat which provides protection to the top of the head and type 2 hard hats which protect off-center, side, and top of the head. The other electric classes for hard hat electric performance is class E (electrical), class G (general) and class C (conductive).
The key manufactures are inclined toward innovation and technology, which has led to the launch of smart security helmets. The smart IoT helmets designed for construction firm has presented smart safety and enhanced productivity. Smart security helmet consist of a GPS to know the active helmet number, temperature sensor, heart rate monitor, battery, SOS button, pollution check, map navigation, proximity safety, electricity resistant, heat resistant, and gas permeable vent.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global security helmets industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global security helmets market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global security helmets market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global security helmets market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Security Helmets Market Research Report:
- Which are the leading players active in the security helmets market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Security Helmets Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Moldex-Metric Inc., JBP, Sata Tools, Bob Dale Gloves & Import, MT Helmets., ARC One, lllinois Tool Works, Protective Industrial Products Inc., Westward, Honeywell International Inc., V-Guard Industries, 3M, Blue Eagle, Schuberth GmbH, Kimberly-Clark, MSA Safety