Seed coating, also known as seed treatment or seed dressing, is a process in which seeds are directly coated with chemicals and fertilizers, repulsive agents and crop protection chemicals to enhance the seed performance. This process protects the seed from pathogens. Seed coating results in rapid multiplication and timely supply of crop at cheaper price. The material offers high yield per hectare, low seeding rate, and multicomponent product, which augments the development of the seed coating material across the globe. Moreover, growth of agriculture in the developing economies, also contributes to the overall market growth.
This report projects the trends and opportunities of the global seed coating materials market. This research study includes a qualitative and quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projections to understand the present overview and predict the market behavior during the forecast period.
The market is expected to witness major growth owing to the rapid growth of agriculture and allied sectors. Moreover, adoption of hybrid and genetically modified crops as well as innovative farming techniques further develops the market demand. Low investments in the farming sector provides lucrative opportunity for market growth. Rise in emphasis by governments across the world for sustainable agriculture significantly enhances the growth. Increased awareness for commercial usage of seeds, which leads to increased value of seed coating materials fuels the market growth. However, difficulty to get uniform coating on the seed and waste of material occurred during transportation and handling limits the development.
The global seed coating materials market is segmented based on type, crop type, and geography. On the basis of type, it is classified into polymers, colorants, binders, minerals/pumice, and other additives (antifoaming agents, thickeners, and solvents). On the basis of crop type, the market can be segmented into cereals & grains, fruits & vegetables, flowers & ornamentals, oilseeds & pulses, and others (turf and forage grasses). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players in this sector include Bayer Cropscience AG, Clariant International, Precision Laboratories LLC, Chemtura Corporation, BASF SE and Chromatech Incorporated and Incotec Group Bv., Croda International PLC, Platform Specialty Products Corporation, and BrettYoung Seeds Limited.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2017-2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are studied as per key trends, developments, and presence of industry players in the market.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
- Key players of the market are also listed.
- This study evaluates the value chain to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of segmentation is provided to elucidate the dominant market opportunities.
Seed Coating Materials Market Key Segments:
- Polymer Gels
- Superabsorbent Polymer Gels
- Other Additives (antifoaming agents, thickeners, and solvents)
By Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Flowers & Ornamentals
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Others (turf and forage grasses)
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA