Segmented E-Paper Display Market Outlook – 2027
The global segmented e-paper display market (EPD) is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. An electronic paper display is an electrically charged surface that duplicates the look of ink on paper. Electronic ink technology uses several microcapsules and an array of thousands of electrodes to generate texts and images for applications such as e-books, portable signs, electronic newspapers, and foldable displays.
EPDs are a significant development in the display technology, owing to their advanced features such as readability indirect light (indoor as well as outdoor ambiance, low power consumption, durability, lightweight, and convenient composition.
The global segmented e-paper display market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the segmented e-paper display market is divided into e-readers, mobile devices, smart cards, and poster & signage. In terms of technology, the market is categorized into electrophoretic display, electrowetting display, cholesteric display, interferometric modular display, and others.
On the basis of industry vertical, the market is segregated into chemical & petrochemical, oil & gas, energy & power, automotive, food & beverages, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global segmented e-paper display industry include E Ink Holdings Inc., Sony Corporation, Qualcomm, MEMS Technologies Inc., LG Display, Hanvon Technology Co., Ltd., Delta Electronics Inc., and NEC LCD Technologies Ltd. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global segmented e-paper display market.
Top Impacting Factors
Use of segmented e-paper displays across an array of applications, including e-books, portable signs, digital displays, and e-newspapers, is anticipated to drive the segmented e-paper display market growth substantially. Manufacturers aim to enlarge the application area for this technology by finding ways of manufacturing advanced and low-cost segmented e-paper display. E-papers are highly flexible and exhibit a wide viewing angle, which is also anticipated to positively impact market growth.
Increasing internet usage along with rising demand for tablets and smartphones is expected to drive the market over the forecast period. Electrochemical complexity and low switching speed may pose a challenge to the electronic paper display market. High manufacturing cost may also hinder the market growth. However, rise in advancement of segmented e-paper display is expected to provide avenues for the market growth.
Environmental Concerns Permitted the Use of Electronic Paper Technologies
Trees used as raw material for the manufacture of paper have contributed to global warming and pollution. In the U.S., about 28% of the woodcut is used for paper manufacturing. The worldwide consumption of paper has grown by about 400% in the last 40 years and accounts for cutting down nearly 4 billion trees globally. The use of e-paper eliminates the need for such steps and conserves the green heritage required for the safekeeping of the planet.
The e-readers segment is expected to hold a major market share, in terms of revenue generation, of the segmented e-paper display market, owing to the increasing number of e-readers among all major economies such as the U.S., the UK, China, and India along with the increasing adoption of web-based, e-books, and digital reading habits.
Surge in Usage in Automotive and Industrial Applications
E-paper provides advantages, such as high durability, enhanced readability while addressing the disadvantages of glass displays, owing to which segmented e-paper displays find widespread adoption. They are used in e-book readers, e-paper magazines, and electronic price labels in retail shops and timetables at railway & bus stations. They are ideal for various other consumer and industrial applications and have application in various industry verticals such as automotive, medical consumer electronics, and retail.
Extensive use of segmented e-paper display s in the retail sector majorly helped in bringing the segmented e-paper display s to the mainstream. Blended learning, which is one of the latest trends in learning, has supported the growth of the e-paper market. Educational institutions are progressively turning to new technologies to impart education more dynamically and interactively so that the learning experience becomes efficient. Therefore, they are increasingly leveraging hardware technologies such as segmented e-paper displays.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global segmented e-paper display market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global segmented e-paper display market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global segmented e-paper display market trends and growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed segmented e-paper display market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The pandemic is impacting society and the overall economy globally. The effect of this pandemic is increasing day by day as well as affecting the supply chain.
- The overall impact of the pandemic is impacting the production process of several industries, including semiconductor, electronics, and many more.
- Trade barriers are further constraining the demand and supply outlook. As the governments of different areas have already announced total lockdown and temporarily shutdown of industries, the overall production process is adversely affected. Therefore, this hampers the overall segmented e-paper display market globally.
Questions Answered in the Segmented E-Paper Display Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the segmented e-paper display market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the segmented e-paper display market size?
- How the current segmented e-paper display market trends that will influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Segmented E-Paper Display Market Report Highlights
By Industrial Vertical
Key Market Players
Cambrios Technologies, Visionect, Chalk Boards, E Ink Vision Solutions, Plastic Logic, Amazon, Interflex, e-Paper Display Solutions, E Ink Holdings, Pervasive Displays