Selector Lever Market Outlook – 2027
An automotive selector lever is used to shift gears in a vehicle. The automotive selector level is mounted between the driver and front passenger seats. These leavers are mainly utilized in the vehicles to facilitate the driver or user to adapt to the gear shifting process. The gear levers are primarily poisoned in the middle console of a vehicle in order to attain optimal ergonomics for an energetic driving experience. In addition, it facilitates both manual and automatic gear switching. Rising demand for automation, ergonomic comfort, limited space, and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) focus on weight reduction are key factors that are likely to drive the automotive selector lever market growth during the forecast period.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Product, Lever, Technology and Application
North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa)
Tokai Rika, Fuji Kiko, Kongsberg Automotive, ZF Steering Gear, Aisin Seiki, Ficosa International, CIE Automotive, Mahindra Sona, BMW Automobiles, and TVS Motor Company
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Amid COVID 19 the huge shift can be seen from the cost efficiency towards the supply chain security which has seen a huge impact on the overall automation market.
- Companies are now shifting from globalization to geopolitics, which will influence more automation adoption among various countries.
- The technology has resulted in new economic opportunities the customer behavior is going to be completely changed due to the pandemic, and it opened a lot of new opportunities in the coming future.
- Through these unprecedented times, governments are expecting to expand their investments in robotics and automation which continue to see how automation technologies are keeping people safe.
- The COVID-19 is by far the most significant theme to affect the technology industry in 2020as it is effectively a stress test on various companies' ability to cope with extreme shocks.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Some of the factors that boost the market growth include increase in demand for comfort and smooth transmission of gears. However, the rise in the adoption of electronic shift with specially manufactured knobs and computer-controlled transmission is likely to hamper the market during the forecast period. Furthermore, the high penetration of manual transmission vehicles across the globe is anticipated to offer growth opportunities for the automotive selector lever market during the forecast period.
The selector lever market trends are as follows:
Increase in demand for comfort and smooth transmission of gears
This type of installation offers less occupied space without the assistance of complex interlocking and remote mechanism settings. In addition, the manufacturers are now shifting toward the adoption of miniaturized gear sticks and buttons which in turn hamper the industry growth during the forecast period. Moreover, the early adoption of the lever by premium segment vehicles mainly by Range Rover and Jaguar models have shifted attention for every key market player to offer comfort and smooth transmission in their vehicle to offer a smooth & comfortable driving experience.
Advancement in technology
The automotive selector lever also improves reliability because it offers the engine more stability when it comes to changing gear, which can provide a much better driving experience. In addition, with the rise in demand for automation, ergonomic comfort, limited space, and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) are focusing on weight reduction and advancing their technology to gain a competitive edge in the market. The demand for proficient turbocharged engines and enhanced engine efficiency has increased rapidly due to the recent innovations done by the manufacturers.
Key segments covered:
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the selector lever market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the selector lever market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the selector lever market scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed selector lever market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the selector lever market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the selector lever market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Selector Lever Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Ficosa International, Aisin Seiki, Fuji Kiko, Tokai Rika, ZF Steering Gear, TVS Motor Company, CIE Automotive, Kongsberg Automotive, BMW Automobiles, Mahindra Sona