Self-healing Material Market Analysis:
Self-healing material is artificially produced from hydroxyl end-functionalized polydimethylsiloxane (HOPDMS) and polydiethoxysiloxane (PDES). These substances exhibit self-healing properties without the exertion of any external force. Self-healing materials repair themselves and are high in demand due to their self-healing capacities that reduce the extra cost of maintenance. The self-healing process of these smart materials begins with responding to change in external stimuli such as light and temperature. Elastomers and polymers are the most used self-healing materials.
COVID-19 impact analysis
Automotive, electronics, construction are the major end users of the self-healing material. Emergence of pandemic has made all these industries non-operational as a part of nationwide lockdown in almost majority all of the countries around the world. Therefore, decline in demand has been witnessed for electronics products. Furthermore, automotive production has been halted along with discontinuation of new construction projects during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, adoption of self-healing material has been hampered to a significant level, and is expected to take another year to recover in terms of losses registered.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, and drivers
The growth of global self-healing material market is driven by beneficial properties associated with it such as weightlessness, enhanced chemical & physical stability, and processability, thus making this material highly demanded in various industries. In addition, increase in demand for advanced self-repairing polymers from various end-use industries and the capability of materials to fix damages caused due to mechanical friction boost the market growth. As a result, increase in adoption of self-healing material in building and construction, automotive, and electronics & electrical industries contributes toward the growth of the market, globally.
Most of the semiconductors and electronics market players, including Apple and Samsung have started using self-healing materials in products such as laptops, mobiles, desktops, and high-end cameras. Consistent rise in the sale of laptops & smartphones and innovation in their design are expected to increase the consumption rate of self-healing materials, thereby driving the market growth.
Self-healing materials are currently more expensive than conventional materials; thus, high cost of products is the key factor limiting the overall market growth. The factor is expected to challenge the future demand if the cost factor is controlled in the coming years.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global self-healing material market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global self-healing material market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global self-healing material market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the global self-healing material market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Self-healing Material Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company, Critical Materials S.A., Covestro AG, Autonomic Materials Inc., Arkema SA, Evonik Industries Sensor Coating Systems Ltd., AkzoNobel N.V., BASF SE, Avecom N.V.