Silicon carbide (SiC) is an advance material used for power semiconductors, formed by combining silicon and carbide. Silicon carbide semiconductors are used for various power electronic components such as diodes, transistors, switches, and rectifiers. The SiC power semiconductors market is expected to witness robust growth during the forecast period, owing to advantages such as low conductance loss at high temperature and low input & switching losses as compared to conventional silicon power semiconductor. SiC-based semiconductors are applicable in areas where high temperature, high voltage, and high power density are required.
The SiC power semiconductors market is driven by the increasing demand for advanced ICs operating at high temperature and voltage, and the booming electronics industry. Developing countries such as China, Taiwan, and India fuel the market growth owing to the growing electronics industry, power sector, and automotive industry. One of the major restraints associated with this market is the huge initial capital investment required for the setup of manufacturing facilities. However, increasing demand of SiC-based photovoltaic cells in developing countries, such as China, Brazil, and India, is expected to create numerous opportunities for growth. In addition, rise in government investment and increase in application of solar power in various fields are expected to propel the market growth further.
The market is segmented on the basis of power module, industry vertical, and geography. Power module is further bifurcated into power products and discrete products. The industry vertical segment is segmented into IT & telecom, aerospace & defense, industrial, energy & power, electronics, automotive, and healthcare. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in the report include Infineon Technologies AG, Microsemi Corporation, General Electric, Power Integrations, TOSHIBA CORPORATION, Fairchild Semiconductor, STMicroelectronics, NXP Semiconductors, Tokyo Electron Limited, and Renesas Electronics Corporation.
- The report includes an extensive analysis of the factors that drive as well as restrain the world silicon carbide power semiconductors market.
- The market projections from 2014 to 2022 are included, along with factors affecting the same.
- The report also provides quantitative as well as qualitative trends to assist the stakeholders in understanding the situations prevailing in the market.
- An in-depth analysis of key segments demonstrates stakeholders with different types of SiC power semiconductors used across different industries globally.
- SWOT analysis analyzes the internal environment of leading companies for effective strategy formulation.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across various geographies.
SILICON CARBIDE POWER SEMICONDUCTORS SEGMENTATION
By Power Module
- Power Products
- Discrete Products
By Industry Vertical
- IT & Telecom
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Power
- North America
- Rest of Europe
Key Market Players
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Microsemi Corporation
- General Electric
- Power Integrations
- TOSHIBA CORPORATION
- Fairchild Semiconductor
- NXP Semiconductors
- Tokyo Electron Limited
- Renesas Electronics Corporation