In serum-free freezing media market cells, tissues, organs, or organelles are susceptible to damage at normal temperatures by unregulated chemical kinetics and are conserved by freezing to a very low temperature. The procedure is known as cryopreservation, which is carried out with the help of various types of serums or media.
Cell freezing media commonly includes a source of protein, base medium, and a cryo-preservative that prevents any physical and mechanical damage to cell and eliminates water content inside the cell.
Increase in application and advantages of cell freezing in drug development and research is expected to drive the market. In addition, rise in government initiatives for research in biopharmaceutical industry boosts the growth of this market. However, lack of efficient research infrastructure and high maintenance cost for research facilities impedes the growth of the serum-free freezing media market.
The global serum-free freezing media market is segmented on the basis of type of media, end user, and geography. By type of media, it is classified into Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell media, insect media, hybridoma media, and vaccine production media. Based on end user, the market is divided into biopharmaceutical companies, pharmaceutical companies, and academics and research. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Merck KGaA, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Nippon Genetics, Miltenyi Biotec, Mediatech Inc., General Electric Company, BioLifeSolutions Inc., HiMedia Laboratories, Biological Industries, and PromoCell GmbH are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key type of media positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Serum-Free Freezing Media Market Key Segments:
By Type of Media
- Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) Cell Media
- Insect Media
- Hybridoma Media
- Vaccine Production Media
By End User
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academics and Research
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA