Shearing machines are multipurpose machines that are used to cut sheet metal into desired sizes. Shearing machine incorporate rotary disks or blades for cutting hard metal or alloy plates, sheets, bars, or any other material. Shearing machine blades are made of low-alloy steel, high carbon steel or shock resistant steel. Shearing machines use one blade that moves vertically in a reciprocating linear motion while the other blade is fixed in the shear bed. There is little to no clearance between the blades and it depends on the material being cut. If the cutting blades of a shearing machine are straight the process is called shearing. If the cutting blades are curved then the process is called shearing-type operation. The shear stress applied must be greater than the shear strength of the workpiece material. Die cutting is a type of shearing process in which the workpiece material is cut without the formation of chips as the material is melted or burnt. Other than sheet metal or plates, rods can also be sheared. Shearing-type operations include blanking, piercing, roll slitting, and trimming. It is used in metalworking and also with paper and plastics. Shearing machines are widely used in automotive, aviation, metallurgy, chemical industry, construction and other industries.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the global shearing machine industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of global shearing machine market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
With the increasing demand for fabricated metal products globally, the global shearing machine market is also expected to grow. Shearing of sheet metal is a very important manufacturing process in various large, small and medium-size industries. The demand for fabricated metal products come from various industries such as automotive, aerospace, ammunition, household utensils, and construction among others. The major restraining factor for the global shearing market is the lack of skilled labors and high cost of labor. The opportunity for growth comes from the rise in popularity of hydraulic shearing machines.
The global shearing machine market trends are as follows:
Growth in global automotive industry
According to data of United Nations (UN), more than 54% of global population is living in urban areas, which is generating employment opportunities and improving income level of individuals. Due to the growing global population, urbanisation and rising disposable income & increased standard of living of consumers around the world, the global automotive market is expected to flourish. This in turn is aiding the growth of the global shearing machine market. The rising popularity of electronic vehicles is also a major factor behind growth of automotive industry. The implementation of shearing machine machines in the global automotive sector is wide and is vital to sheet metal work, fabrication, and other related operations. Thus, with the growth of the automotive industry, the global shearing machine market is also expected to grow.
Surge in adoption of hydraulic shearing machines in various industries
Although they perform the same operations as mechanical shearing machines, hydraulic shearing machine are increasingly being adopted in various manufacturing industries owing to their higher efficiency rates, precision and lower operation costs. Hydraulic shearing machine can achieve high levels precision and accuracy than mechanical shearing machines. Hydraulic shearing machine are fast and precise and deliver higher efficiency. Hydraulic shearing machine are also very compact and occupy lesser floor space. Hydraulic shearing machine also require less maintenance cost. With the abovementioned benefits, the adoption of hydraulic shearing machines in manufacturing industries is expected to increase. This is expected to boost the global shearing machine market in the future.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global shearing machine industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global shearing machine market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global shearing machine market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global shearing machine market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Shearing machine Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Shearing Thickness
By Industry verticals
Key Market Players
JMT USA, Baileigh Industrial, FINTEK INDUSTRY, LVD Group, Amada Group, Cincinnati Incorporated, Jorgenson Machine Tools, Schubert Group, Durmazlar Machinery, Dreis & Krump Manufacturing Company