Ship Winch Market Outlook 2030 -
Ship winches are motorized devices with wire rope/chain for lifting or pulling jobs. They are widely used in lifting and pulling equipment that is used on offshore platforms, docks/shores, boats/ships, and ports. It is used for mooring, towing, anchoring, and weight lifting operations. Majority of ship fleet is equipped with ship winches. Number of ship winches used on ships mainly depend on type of operations and requirements. Ship winches primarily comprise power system, drum, chain, cable, manual band brakes, manual clutch, control system, and gypsy wheel. Ship winches and equipment are rugged and durable and are designed to perform well in harshest ocean conditions. Ship winch is coated to make it waterproof and rustproof. High-quality welding material is used in ship winches for safety purposes to make it last for long duration. This material makes ship wenches smooth and reliable during day-to-day operations. It is expected that in the future, year-on-year increase in demand for fleet of inland and coastal waterways would drive demand for ship winches. Growth in deployment of ship winches is highly dependent on requirements of ship winches in existing as well as retrofits vessels such as ships, fishing vessels, and cargo ships.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
Manufacturers in ship winch industry across the globe are being affected severely due to restrictions on production as well as declared lockdowns. The pandemic has had a negative impact on the ship winch market size for the year 2020 due to coronavirus. As governments across the globe have declared lockdowns over past few months, demand and supply cycle of many ship winch manufacturers disrupted. Moreover, cargo ships are less expensive for shipping goods as compared to road and air transits as by ships, more cargo can be carried from one place to another within a short span of time.
Top Impacting Factor
- Increase in demand for cargo transportation through marines, rise in demand for operational efficiency, and global business deals drive growth of the market.
- Increase in usage of air transport and high cost and maintenance is expected to hamper growth of the market.
- Growth in economy, innovation, and development can be seen as an opportunity for the market growth.
The ship winch trends are as follows:
Increase in demand for cargo transportation through marines
Demand for conveyance of goods by water has increased. This is because number of cargos are efficiently transferred to other ports, owing to safe & secure nature of marine transportation. Moreover, cargo ships are less expensive for shipping goods as compared to roads and air transits as by ships, more cargo can be carried from one place to another within a short span of time. Latest developments in merchant shipping and cargo ship equipped with latest technologies such as hydraulic winch, automated winch, and other components have created growth opportunities for the global ship winch market. Thus, these all parameters help to lead to increase in demand for cargo transportation through marines and this would directly impact the ship winch market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ship winch industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the ship winch market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the ship winch market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed ship winch market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the ship winch market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the ship winch market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the ship winch market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Ship Winch Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End Users
Key Market Players
Huisman Equipment B.V., FUKUSHIMA, PALFINGER AG, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Marine Equipments Pellegrini, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Wartsila, Kongsberg (Rolls-Royce), MacGregor, Ingersoll Rand