Shipboard incineration Market : Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast
Shipboard incinerators are used for the disposal or burning of waste material generated like oil rags, oil & water separator, and galley waste during the ship operation. It helps to prevent the marine pollution through burning of oily wastes through incinerators. Incinerators are high temperature and pressure vessels that burn the wastes and convert into ashes. They are designed in such a way that they prevent toxic air emissions during the burning process of sludge oil. These incinerators are not only designed for the disposal of sludge oil but also for the hospital wastes and plastic waste through combustion.COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The demand for the shipboard incineration is expected to decrease in the year 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand from chemical & petrochemical industries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has halted the production of various products in the shipboard incineration industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of shipboard incineration market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020, and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends , Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The government regulations regarding the energy savings and the regulations in controlling the emissions released from the ships are the major growth drivers of the shipboard incinerators market. There is a considerable rise in oil spills as in the marine pollution through the ship operations, which contributes toward the growth of the shipboard incinerators. Further, strict regulations from the MARPOL annex 5 , i.e., no garbage is to be thrown into the sea acts a major growth driver for shipboard incineration market. North America is the largest market, while Europe region occupying the second highest position in the shipboard incineration market. Asia-Pacific is the emerging region in the production of shipboard incinerators. Countries like China, India, the U.S, Russia, and Japan are one of the major producers of oil and healthcare equipment. This countries would definitely have high rise in demand for shipboard incinerators. However, the high initial investment and high temperature and pressure requirement structure majorly hinder the market growth of shipboard incinerators.
The Shipboard incineration market trends are as follows:
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In the past few years, many products were launched in the market. These products are well advanced with the technology and have unique features. For example, Evac Company has recently launched cyclone incinerator whose objective is to dispose the oil waste generated during the ship operations. It is basically suitable for the cruise vessels. This cyclone incinerator can burn and dispose of both the dewatered and the non-recyclable wastes as it uses an unique technology of moving grates specially designed to be efficient and low maintenance machine. It provides an active control of airflow and has a high combustion rate facility. This EVAC Cyclone incinerator fulfills the emissions requirements set out in Annex VI of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) guidelines. Further, these incinerators are divided into two types, horizontal and vertical incinerators. Applications like Orc system has been recently used in the marine systems whose basic purpose is to convert the low temperature heat into the effective energy(power) and can be used in technologically advanced shipboard incinerators.
High demand on the industrial applications:-
Now a days, manufacturers are producing new products on the basis of interests of the consumers. Growing demand for the passenger ships , oil imports & exports, and healthcare equipment through ship operation are increasing the production of Shipboard incineration market in the industries. For example, the oil wastes or the galley wastes generated from the ship operation are burnt to 90% in the combustion chamber converting into the ashes and flue gas. Incinerators are to be operated with negative pressure in the combustion chamber so that there is no emission of toxic gases . On the basis of operating controls, shipboard incinerators should be equipped with safety thermostat, fuel oil pressure, fuel control solenoid valves, and indicating alarms. Shipboard incinerators cannot be operated in ports, harbor, and estuaries. Common problems like high temperature alarm and oil leaking may arise during setting up sludge incinerators. Further, in the fishing boats shipboard incineration are being used with a method of burning and converting into flue gas. Moreover, in oil containing tankers and cargo ships Shipboard incinerators are being used to destroy the oil wastes . Setting up this devices in this respective ships would definitely increase the market for the shipboard incinerators and the manufacturers would be designing new technology to make it properly functional and cost-effective.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the shipboard incineration market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the shipboard incineration market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Shipboard incineration market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global shipboard incineration market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Shipboard incineration Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Kangrim Heavy Industries Mavi Deniz Environmental Protection Co., ACS, Inc., Scanship Environmental AS, Evac, Hansun (Shanghai) Marine Technology, Wärtsilä Corporation, ATLAS INCINERATORS ApS, NCINER8 Limited, Fuente International, Alfa Laval, China Deyuan Marine Fitting Co., Ltd.