A shop insurance policy is a specifically designed insurance policy that covers the contents and property of a shop. This shop insurance for small to medium-sized businesses covers burglary as well as any mishaps caused by natural disasters, accidental fires, and other similar events. Small to medium-sized businesses operate on a day-to-day profit basis, which means they do not have a large profit margin. As a result, they may find it difficult to deal with situations involving burglary, fire, and other hazards in their store and its contents. As a result, a shop insurance policy was created to protect a shopkeeper from various risks related to the shop and its contents.
A shopkeeper insurance policy protects a small or medium-sized shopkeeper from a variety of perils. It safeguards the shop owner's property and business interests. It also includes coverage for a standard fire and special perils policy, which covers any damage to the building caused by an earthquake. Shop insurance plans protect the insurer from financial ruin in the event of an accident in his or her store or any other related event. Therefore, the surge in demand for shop insurance policies is expected to boost the growth of the market in the upcoming period.
The global shop insurance market is segmented on the basis of coverage, distribution channel, end user and region. Based on coverage, the market is divided into dwelling coverage, content coverage, and other optional coverages. In terms of distribution channel, the market is categorized into insurance agent, direct company representatives, online portal and others. On the basis of end user the market is divided into food retail, arts & crafts, clothing, grocery, gift & greeting card shops, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global shop insurance industry include Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Ping An Insurance, Allianz, AXA, Cigna, AIA Group Limited, China Life Insurance Company Limited, Allstate Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual Insurance and Progressive Casuality Insurance Company. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global shop insurance market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The shop insurance market share has seen consistent investment in its development and has grown to be a significant contributor to the economy. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has had a moderate impact on this industry, resulting in economic instability.
- As a result of everyone staying at home during the COVID-19 pandemic, insurance companies are anticipating an increase in insurance claims. As a result, COVID-19 has presented a business opportunity for shop insurers by allowing them to offer flexible payment plans to help consumers cope with the pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in the number of natural disasters & hazards and technological developments in the industry is driving the growth of the market. In addition, an increase in the number of government initiatives helps propel the growth of the market.
However, a lack of awareness regarding shop insurance is expected to hamper the growth of the market. Contrarily, the untapped potential of emerging economies and new technological developments in the home insurance industry is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to the market in the upcoming years.
Rise in the Number of Natural Disasters & Hazards
Increased demand for home insurance due to accidents such as interior or exterior shop damage, damage to assets or injury, theft, and fire puts pressure on insurance companies to invest in and develop less common products, have higher coverage, and provide financial security in the form of medical injury or other damages. In recent years, there has been an increase in the number of accidents, particularly natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, vandalism, and landslides, necessitating the purchase of shop insurance. The majority of shop owners relied on shop insurance to protect themselves against future financial losses caused by injuries to other people's property, their valuable goods, and family members. Furthermore, shop insurance includes such coverage, which aids in the compensation of the policyholder's family members following his or her death. Therefore, the rise in the number of natural disasters & hazards is driving the growth of the shop insurance market during the forecast period.
Technological Developments in the shop Insurance Industry
Increased use of technologies such as geolocation, application program interface (API), artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, blockchain, and big data present insurers with new opportunities. Shop insurance distribution platforms are expected to become more productive as a result of these technological advancements, allowing them to provide a wider range of coverage. Furthermore, digital transformation allows shop insurance companies to provide highly personalized customer experiences. In addition, to maintain their market position in the market, insurers are considering the use of big data analytics, which has the potential to generate large premiums. In addition, technology aids in data collection, meeting customer needs, calculating risk, and frauds. Therefore, the growing technological developments in the industry are driving the growth of the shop insurance market during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents an analytical depiction of the global shop insurance market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global shop insurance market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the shop insurance market trends.
- The report provides a detailed shop insurance market analysis depending on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
Questions Answered in the Shop Insurance Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the global shop insurance market size?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the global shop insurance market?
- What are current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the global shop insurance market share?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Shop Insurance Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
By End User
Key Market Players
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Ping An Insurance, Progressive Casuality Insurance Company, Allstate Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual Insurance, AXA, Cigna, China Life Insurance Company Limited, AIA Group Limited, Allianz