A short peripheral intravenous catheter (PIVC) is a thin, long tube that is used to inject fluid or medications directly into a vein of a patient. In addition, short peripheral intravenous catheters can also be used to draw blood from the same. A needle is inserted in the peripheral vein, which leaves a small tube at the insertion site. The catheter is then attached to the patients arm with the help of an adhesive tape. These peripheral catheters are made from non-irritant and medical-grade materials such as silicone or polyurethane. The key factor that drives the growth of this market is a rise in the number of hospitalizations due to various reasons globally. However, safety concerns related to the usage of peripheral intravenous catheters such as various infections will impede the market growth. Moreover, technological advancements in minimizing the rate of infections will create more lucrative opportunities for key market players.
The global short peripheral intravenous catheter market is segmented based on product type, end user, and geography. Based on product type this market is segmented into ported short PIVC and non-ported short PIVC. Based on end users this market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers (ASCS), and others. By geography, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as DeltaMed SA, Dukwoo Medical, Excel International, GaltNeedleTech Products Inc., Pfizer Inc., Medline Industries, NIPRO Medical, Retractable Technologies, Shanghai Puyi Medical Instruments, and Teleflex Inc. have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global short peripheral intravenous catheter market.
- In-depth analysis has been carried out in this report by constructing market estimations for key market segments.
- Geographically, the global short peripheral intravenous catheter market has been analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- This study that evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help understand the competitive environment globally.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global short peripheral intravenous catheter market has been provided.
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations, which assists in identifying prevailing market opportunities
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions has been provided that determines prevailing opportunities in these regions.
Short Peripheral Intravenous Catheter Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
DeltaMed SA, Excel International, Dukwoo Medical, Retractable Technologies, Teleflex Inc., GaltNeedleTech Products Inc., Shanghai Puyi Medical Instruments, Medline Industries, NIPRO Medical, Pfizer Inc.