Shortwave Infrared Market Outlook - 2027
Short wave IR (SWIR) is a small segment of the electromagnetic spectrum infrared band that covers wavelengths ranging from 1.4 to 3 microns. SWIR is not visible to human eyes, and as a result, therefore, SWIR can often provide a better image than is achievable. Additionally, Shortwave infrared technology is used in a range of applications such as inspection of electronic boards, identification and sorting, inspection of solar cells, inspection of production, surveillance, counterfeiting, quality control of processes, and far more. The expansion of the Shortwave Infrared market will be driven by technological advancement of shortwave IR detector in terms of size, weight, and low-cost power, as well as the night sighting capabilities for military application. Additionally, global adoption of night vision technologies by companies would push Shortwave Infrared’s demand.
The global Shortwave Infrared Market is segmented on the basis of Scanning Type, Technology, Application, End User, and Region. Based on Scanning Type, the Shortwave Infrared (SWIR) Market is divided into Area Scan and Line Scan, and others. On the basis of Technology, the market is categorized into Cooled and Uncooled, and others. On the basis of Application into Security and Surveillance, Monitoring and Inspection, and Detection, On the basis of End User into Aerospace & Defense, Electronics & Communication, and Food & Beverages and Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global Shortwave Infrared industry include Sensors Unlimited, Inc., Teledyne DALSA, Inc., Xenics, Allied Vision Technologies GmbH, FLIR Systems Inc., EPIsensors, Inc., Hamamatsu Photonics, IRcameras LLC, New Imaging Technologies, Princeton Infrared Technologies, Inc. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- COVID-19 outbreak has caused a temporary delay in production, increased cost and revenue losses in the shortwave infrared market size.
- While the number of cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) increases and governments around the world respond to this unprecedented health emergency, instead, major shortwave infrared market players have adopted various strategies to keep the supply chain and production in effect. FLIR Systems is committed to continuing its operations and providing its customers with essential lifesaving products. It is working actively to track the continuity of supply chain risks across the business. It has undergone minor disruption in its supply chain at this time. It has contingency plans in place to minimize possible complications as this situation progresses, considering the complex nature of the situation and policy changes happening at the local and national levels.
- In addition to COVID-19, Teledyne DALSA has adopted multiple care change requirements, taking recommendations and guidance from state and federal agencies. The company is working to manage manufacturing activities and operations to meet output commitments.
Top impacting factors: Shortwave Infrared Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Growing technological advancements across the end-user industry are driving the market; implementations are not restricted to defense and healthcare as shortwave infrared devices are widely being introduced into the automotive industry due to ADAS demand. SWIR can be used for testing purposes in different industries such as the manufacture of semi-conductors, as well as the growing need for miniaturization and low-power consumption technology throughout defense applications positively impact the market. In addition, SWIR has an additional advantage of low power requirements and could be used to calculate temperature; therefore, it can also be implemented in fire detectors.
The global shortwave infrared market trends are as follows:
Safety & surveillance is projected account for the major market share
Round-the-clock surveillance is a necessity for many military and emergency services, under all weather conditions. Trespassers constantly try to conceal their movements using different camouflage methods which adapt to the prevailing situations. They manipulate atmospheric conditions like haze, fog, or sandstorms, and may even deploy grenades for smoke. Haze and smoke aren't obstacles to SWIR detector activity. Even though visible realm 's color content is uncaptured, SWIR images developed by reflected light by the identified objects can be perceived just in an efficient and effective manner as those in the visible realm.
Line-scan SWIR, by scanning type, is anticipated to create lucrative market opportunities.
SWIR market for line-scan SWIR technology is expected created numerous lucrative opportunities. Line-scanning SWIR technology offers its users to view through visible spectrum; which further enables SWIR-based cameras to be implemented in silicon wafer inspection, moisture detection, night vision enhancement, camouflage detection, solar cell inspection, monitoring among other applications.
Attributed to the prevalence of large vendors that are looking to invest in R&D to innovate the technology offered, the shortwave infrared market is moving towards the consolidated format. The North American region is anticipated to hold a substantial share of the SWIR market due to the presence of the US and Canada, which are some of the world's leading automobile markets.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global shortwave infrared industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global shortwave infrared market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global shortwave infrared market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global shortwave infrared market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the shortwave infrared market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the shortwave infrared market forecast?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the shortwave infrared market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Shortwave Infrared Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Photon etc.,, Himamatsu Photonics, Opgal Optronic,, New Imaging Technologies, Lynred,, Raptor Photonics,, Collins Aerospace,, Xenics,, Allied Vision Technologies, Teledyne FLIR ,