Shotcrete Accelerators Market Outlook - 2027
Shotcrete accelerator, also known as spray crete, is a chloride-free non-caustic material used in mining and tunneling activities. They are fast-hardening materials that stabilize and support constructions without using any molds, but are covered by steel rods or meshes. They are mainly used in mining and construction activities as they provide strengthening attributes. Shotcrete accelerators are non-caustic, non-corrosive, and also offer quick setting and immediate & long-term durability. In addition, they reduce dust pollution by accelerating the solidification of spraying materials to improve economic efficiency, thereby reducing material rebound. Furthermore, they can be used in underground works as they protect the underground structure from loading effects, rock shift, or blasting stresses.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The rapid spread of COVID-19 has disrupted operations across industries, including the mining sector. Mining companies across the globe have been hit by weakened demand and other micro as well as macro-economic factors of the global economy.
- Lack of labor and supply-chain problems, such as transportation of raw materials and finished products, have interrupted the business activities.
- COVID-19 has a massive impact on construction projects as most of the construction activities have been delayed.
- Mining companies have been affected by COVID-19 outbreaks and encouragements of social distancing have resulted in either slow down or halt of projects until further notice.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The rapid growth of the automotive industry has created an increase in the demand for rubber additives. Rapid development, urbanization, and increase in mining activities globally have led to formation of bridges and tunnels, thereby boosting the growth of the market. Shotcrete accelerator accelerates the construction work and provides better resistance. Increase in government spending in public infrastructure is projected to boost the shotcrete accelerator market. Furthermore, the complete procedure is managed by pneumatic machine that forces materials into fine surface irregularities, which is expected to boost the shotcrete accelerator market. Moreover, the whole procedure is machine operated and reduces the overall operating cost.
Based on process, the shotcrete accelerator market is categorized as wet mix and dry mix process. Wet mix has larger market share over dry mix process in tunneling and mining activities. Wet mix provides better bond strength and requires lesser manpower, thereby making it more cost effective compared to dry mix process.
Furthermore, dust is generated during the process that causes environment issues and health problems, which attract government regulations and hamper the growth of the market. In addition, availability of skilled labor for machine operation is also a major challenge for the industries.
Surge in usage of shotcrete accelerator in mine & tunnel applications:
The global Shotcrete accelerator market, by region, is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. Europe has extensive market share in the global shotcrete accelerator market in terms of value, owing to the presence of large number of mines and technological development. Government initiatives for renovation of public structures, such as bridge, increase the demand for shotcrete accelerator. It has excellent bonding strength that enhances durability of structures.
On the basis of application, the shotcrete accelerator market is segmented into mining, tunneling, structural repair, water retaining structures, and protective coatings. Mining and tunneling have major share due to their uses in underground and overhead surfaces. Increase in mining works globally for extraction of metals and minerals drives the shotcrete accelerator market. Moreover, there has been an increase in tunneling activities with new rail and road tunnel projects.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the shotcrete accelerator market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the shotcrete accelerator market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the shotcrete accelerator market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Shotcrete Accelerators Market Report Highlights
By End Use Industry
Key Market Players
NormetOy, Fosroc, Mapei Spa, BASF SE, Basalite Concrete Products LLC, Sika AG, Chryso SAS, Denka Company Limited, The Euclid Chemical Company, GCP Applied Technologies