Shoulder arthroplasty or replacement is a medical procedure used to replace the diseased or damaged ball and socket joint located in the shoulder with a prosthesis to reinstate the function of the joint. The prosthesis used is usually made of polythene and metal components. Shoulder arthroplasty is caused due to osteoarthritis, inflammatory arthritis, osteonecrosis involving the glenoid, and post traumatic degenerative joint disease.
The shoulder arthroplasty market is driven by increase in prevalence of shoulder injuries, rise in geriatric population, increase in awareness about shoulder disorders, advancements in surgical techniques, and less stringent regulatory approvals However, post-surgery complications and cost-ineffective procedures hamper the market growth. These can be overcome by use of trabecular metal technology and untapped market potential in developing countries, which presents various opportunities for market expansion.
The shoulder arthroplasty market is segmented by end user, product, and region. Based on end user, it is bifurcated into hospitals and point-of-care testing. The product segment includes total shoulder replacement and shoulder resurfacing. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include DePuy Synthes Inc., Exactech, Wright Medical Group, Zimmer Holdings Inc., Arthrex Inc., Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Smith & Nephew plc, Cayenne Medical, Stryker Corporation, DJO Global, Evolutis, and FH Orthopedics.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the shoulder arthroplasty market by product helps in understanding the types of procedures that are currently being used and the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
Shoulder Arthroplasty Market Key Segments:
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Shoulder Resurfacing
By End User
- Point-of-Care Testing
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA