Silica Fume Market Outlook - 2027
Silica fume is an amorphous polymorph of silicon dioxide, silica. It is also known as micro silica, and an ultrafine powder consists of spherical particles. It is collected as a by-product of silicon and ferro-silicon alloy production, thus, silica fume is added to concrete due to its small particle size and ball-bearing effect. This effect helps in providing better thixotropic behaviors that improve concrete viscosity. Many common construction materials contain silica such as brick, cement, tiles, stones, mortar, and sand. Densified silica fume is the most inexpensive product form, and is widely used for transportation, as it has high-density power, which allows bulk handling methods and also helps in cost-cutting of shipping. These silica fumes products are uniform, smooth, free of lumps, and dustless.
The silica fume market is segmentation depending on various characteristics. By source, the market is fragmented into silicon metal and ferrsosilicon. The applications covered in the study include building construction, marine structure construction, nuclear power plant construction, and others. Silica fume is ideal for use in structures that have chances of exposure to environmental and chemical attacks. Region wise, the global silica fume market is analyzed across North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and LAMEA.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
- The suspension of construction activities is the major reason for the temporary downfall in the silica fume market, as more than 60% of the industries and construction activities are on halt in a pandemic situation.
- Furthermore, lack of demand for cement, bricks, soil, roadways will severely affect the market.
- In addition, insufficiency in raw material supply is anticipated to hamper the production rate, thus affecting the market growth.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Silica fume, owing to its benefits and advantages is witnessing high demand in construction activities. It provides high strength concrete, improved building structure, delivers high performance, and increases life span of structures. Silica fume is used for the prevention of reinforcing steel corrosion in concrete and increases electrical resistivity. These factors are the major growth drivers of the silica fume market. In addition, it is used where higher impermeability is required in concrete. Furthermore, surge in demand for silica fume in nuclear power construction significantly contributes toward the growth of the global market. Increase in construction activities is expected to augment the market share in a projected timeframe. However, the shrinkage rate of the silica fume is high which produces crack in the silica fume concrete and affects the overall strength; this factor is likely to hamper the growth of the market.
Key market players
The major players operating in the silica fume market are N.K Enterprise, Ecotec Silica Fume, Shanghai Topken Silica fume, Simc Pvt.Ltd., Cementec Industries, Dow Corning Corporation, Elkem, Elkon Products, and Kryton International. Expansions, acquisitions, partnerships, and new product developments are the major strategies adopted by these market players to expand their business in potential markets. In addition, they have been focusing on strategies such as organic and inorganic growth developments, including contracts and investments.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global silica fume market industry along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the silica fume market share
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the silica fume market growth scenario
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future
Questions answered in the global silica fume market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the global silica fume market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of the silica fume market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
- What are the emerging key segments in the silica fume market?
- What are the major changes and assessments in silica fume market dynamics?
Silica Fume Market Report Highlights
Other Key Market Players
Globe Specialty Metals, Ecotec Silica Fume