Silicon carbide ceramics are categorized under advanced ceramics, which have properties similar to diamond. Usage of these ceramics is favorable in machine manufacturing, electronic & electrical, and automotive industries due to corrosion-resistant ceramic property. Silicon carbide ceramics are corrosion resistant, light, and extremely hard materials, which makes it useful in the tough environments for wear application. Silicon carbide ceramics have characteristics such as excellent thermal shock resistance, oxidation resistance, good high temperature strength, low density, wear resistance, high hardness, excellent chemical resistance, high thermal conductivity, and low thermal expansion.
Growth in industrialization and vast industrial adoption of advanced ceramics for increasing industrial output and attaining higher yield is the primary factor that drives the growth of the silicon carbide ceramics market. Excellent properties and broaden application scope in automotive and electronics & electrical sectors is supporting the consumption growth of silicon carbide ceramics. However, high cost of these ceramics as compared to other materials is the major restraining factor for the growth of the global silicon carbide ceramics market.
Global silicon carbide ceramics market is segmented into type, application, end-use industry, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into CVD silicon carbide, recrystallized silicon carbide, hot pressing silicon carbide, reaction bonded silicon carbide, direct sintered silicon carbide, and others such as silicon nitride-silicon carbide and pressure sintered silicon carbide. Direct sintered silicon carbide segment possesses largest share in the market due to its properties that are favorable for industrial application and also it has highest grades. Based on application, silicon carbide ceramics market is classified into ceramic armor protection systems, high temperature bearings, electric furnace heating elements, faucet washers, wear resistant nozzles, thermocouple protection tubes, and others. Based on end-use industry, the market is segmented into electrical & electronics, automotive, aerospace & defense, metal mining, metallurgic, chemical engineering, medical, and others. Other end-use industry includes tire and machine manufacturing. Electrical & electronics and automotive industries have dominance in silicon carbide ceramics market due to increased global automotive production with effective use of electrical vehicles.
Based on region, the global silicon carbide ceramics market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Asia-Pacific dominate the market due to strong electrical & electronics base, largest automotive demand & production, and massive steel production.
The key players operating in the global silicon carbide ceramics market include ASUZAC, IPS Ceramics, Morgan Advanced Materials plc, CoorsTek, Schunk Ingenieurkeramik, KYOCERA Corporation, IBIDEN, Ceramtec, 3M, and Saint Gobain.
Key Benefits for Silicon Carbide Ceramics Market:
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current Silicon Carbide Ceramics Market trends and estimations which assists to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- An in-depth Silicon Carbide Ceramics Market analysis of various regions is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the Silicon Carbide Ceramics Market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand the competitive outlook of the global Silicon Carbide Ceramics Market.
Silicon Carbide Ceramics Market Report Highlights
By END-USE INDUSTRY
Key Market Players
Schunk Ingenieurkeramik, IPS Ceramics, Ceramtec, 3M, ASUZAC, Morgan Advanced Materials plc., KYOCERA Corporation, IBIDEN, Saint Gobain, CoorsTek