Silicon nitride balls, also known as the silicon nitride ceramic balls, are mainly used in bearing. The raw materials used to manufacture silicon nitride balls include silicon nitride fine powder and sintering aids such as aluminum oxide and yttrium oxide. Solvent and binders are added to the raw materials and heated in a dewaxing furnace followed by hot isostatic pressure process.
A diamond wheel is used to grind the silicon nitride ball into specified dimension. These balls are used in bearings that allow relative motion between two parts and support loads from the component to secure its position. It offers high resistance to thermal shock, and has lower density and low thermal expansion. Also, it shows consistent strength at temperature operation upto 1,000C. Silicon nitride balls are used for high temperature and for high running speed applications in machine tool spindles, dental drills, motor racing, aerospace, high speed air turbine bearing, and in biotechnology industry.
Superior properties of silicon nitride balls predominantly drive the market growth. Silicon nitride valve balls offer performance standards necessary for the oil exploration and recovery industries. It is lightweight, chemically inert, and has high strength with excellent resistance to abrasion and corrosion. Its high thermal shock resistance and low coefficient of thermal expansion help withstand the extreme temperatures of deep-water operations.
Thus, the increase in oil & gas exploration activities boost the market growth during the forecast period. The high cost of silicon nitride ball as compared to steel ball bearings is the major restraint to the market growth. Increase in application of silicon nitride ball across various end use industries such as automotive, aerospace, medical, chemical, and others is anticipated to open new opportunities for the market players.
The report on the global silicon nitride ball market exclusively focuses on size, application, and geography. Based on the size, the market is divided into <0.5, <1.0, <1.5, and >1.5 Inch. On the basis of application, the market is classified into silicon nitride bearing and silicon nitride valve ball. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- Toshiba Corporation
- Hoover Precision Products Inc.
- Winsted Precision Ball
- Thomson Industies
- Spheric Trafalgar
- Boca Bearing
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global silicon nitride ball market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrate the product type of silicon nitride ball and its application.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- Key players are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Silicon Nitride Ball Market Key Segmentation:
- <0.5 Inch
- <1.0 Inch
- <1.5 Inch
- >1.5 Inch
- Silicon Nitride Bearing
- Silicon Nitride Valve Ball
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
- Salem Specialty Ball
- Jiangsu JinSheng
- Shanghai Unite
- ZYS Bearing
(The aforementioned companies have not been profiled in the report, but can be include on request.)