Silicon RF Device Market Outlook – 2027
The global silicon RF device market is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. Silicon RF devices are used for cellular and mobile wireless communications or telecommunications. The global silicon RF device market can be segregated into 10 GHz, 10 GHz-20 GHz, 20 GHz-30 GHz, 30 GHz-60 GHz, and 60+ GHz. The devices are employed in various applications such as air traffic control system, marine traffic control system, and military radar. The number of such devices is expected to increase in future due to communication and transmission of data through cellular technologies.
The global silicon RF device market is segmented on the basis of type, application, industry vertical and region. Based on type, the market is divided into power amplifier, low noise amplifier, filter, others. In terms of application, the market is categorized into telecommunication, automotive, aerospace & defense, others. In terms of industry vertical, the market is segregated into chemical & petrochemical, oil & gas, energy & power, automotive, food & beverages, healthcare, others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global silicon RF device industry include NXP Semiconductors N.V., Broadcom Limited, Integra Technologies, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Infineon Technologies AG, M/A-COM Technology Solutions Holdings, Inc., Qorvo, Skyworks Solutions Inc., and Murata Manufacturing. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global silicon RF device market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The global silicon RF device market forecast has been significantly impacted by the outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which have significant demand for silicon RF device.
- A study by the Centre for Progressive Policy shows that regions with high manufacturing activity will face the largest economic hit from the COVID-19 outbreak. It will lead to slowing down the global market.
- The global factories have struggled to manufacture and assemble new devices as workers have stayed in their homes and even the already available devices in various warehouses cannot be transported due to current rules & regulations, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for these products are gradually going to increase.
- This is expected to provide opportunities for companies to think about ways of increasing production, research about technologies, and improve current products. Now companies are trying to introduce a new type of production line where they follow social distancing.
Top Impacting Factors
The emerging demand for smartphones & tablets and the evolution of wireless technologies are at a rapid pace trailed by rising usage of long-term evolution (LTE) and 5G, which have contributed to the growth of the silicon RF device market. The growing usage of silicon RF devices in radar and warfare electronic systems by the defense and military sector is driving the growth of the market.
On the other side, the high cost of silicon RF devices and the decline in price margin might hamper the overall growth at a global level. Moreover, the rising trend of digitalization and increase in the number of smart city projects around the world are estimated to provide profitable opportunities for the market to grow.
New Product Launches to Boost the Market
New technological advancements, such as decrease in RF power level, increase in power density up to 1,000 watt per single transistor device, and RF plasma lighting technology working without any additional electrodes in a bulb, have long functioning lifespan. Compound semiconductors are the latest trend in the market. Therefore, new product launch and development drive the silicon RF device market growth.
Surge in Product Usage in Automotive and Industrial Applications
The automotive application of silicon RF devices is likely to grow over the next few years, short & long-range millimeter wave radars are used in transportation and automotive vehicle. Low noise amplifiers are used in these automotive radars, which are installed in vehicles for advanced driver support purposes such as precrash warning, automated cruise control system, lane departure warning system, blind-spot detection, and collision warning.
This automotive radar is mainly used as a component of autonomous vehicles. With increase in the need for higher data rates, the demand for high-speed mobile broadband internet and greater spectral efficiency is increasing. This has led to the employment of LTE, which is further expected to drive the silicon RF device market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global silicon RF device industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global silicon RF device market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global silicon RF device market trends and growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed silicon RF device market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Silicon RF Device Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the silicon RF device market size?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Silicon RF Device Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Panasonic, Silicon Labs, Infineon Technologies, Analog Devices, Qorvo, TriQuint Semiconductor, Skyworks Solutions, NXP Semiconductors, Vishay Intertechnology, Avago Technologies