Silicone additives are recognized to provide superior properties such as water inhibition, flame retardancy, and others to the product they are added to. It improves the surface properties including abrasion resistance and the reduction of friction. These additives also enhance the heat stability and lubrication of plastic during its manufacturing process and thus increasing the quality of the product. Silicone additives are commercially used in a powdered form, as using it in liquid form could lead to migration of molecular weight of silicone. Silicone additives have several other properties such as wetting agents, antifoam agents, rheology modifier, and others. Catering to its wide array of applications, silicone additives are used in a number of different industries namely paper and pulp, plastics, paints and coatings, personal care, food & beverages, and others.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has brought the world to a standstill and has affected the major operations in the industries. The silicone additives market has also been severely affected by the global outbreak of this pandemic.
- Major portion of the silicone additives are utilized in paints and coatings for automobiles. But in this period, the demand for automobiles has dropped dramatically and as a result, the automobile manufacturers are forced to lower their production capacity. This has led to the fall in demand for paints and coatings in the automobile industry and consequently the requirements for silicone additives have also been affected.
- With the downfall of the economy almost globally, the demand for cosmetics and personal care products have also decreased significantly, resulting in reduced demand for silicone additives in the market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Paints and coatings is the major end-user industry of the silicone additives market and the growing demand for better quality paints and coatings in the automobile industry fuels the growth of silicone additives. The additives reduce the surface tension, provide better quality and optical properties, and increase the longevity of the paint. On the other hand, silicone additives are also being used as wetting agents, emulsifier, and antifoam agents in the personal care industry. It is used in non-oily, water resistant sunscreens and also in deodorants, owing to its volatile nature allowing the deodorants to dry quickly. Moreover, silicone additives are also used in a variety of other cosmetic products such as shampoos and conditioners and also in make-up products like eye shadows, lipsticks, foundations, and others, owing to its emulsifying and wetting properties. The growing cosmetics and personal care industry also add to the escalation of silicone additives in the market.
These additives play an important role in the paper and pulp industry for better impregnation of the alkali in the wood chips as antifoaming agent during washing of the pulp. Silicone additives are significantly used in the plastic industries as lubricants and it also enhances the sustainability and the shelf life of the product. In the food and beverages industries, silicone additives find its application as anti-foaming agent and also as food-grade lubricating oil. Such extensive usage of the silicone additives in different industries have led to the growth of the silicone additives market around the world. However, the high cost of raw materials and complexities in the manufacturing process act as an obstacle for the growth of the silicone additives market. Nonetheless, the extensive applications of silicone additives in paints & coatings, plastics, cosmetics, personal care, and other industries have led to the growth of the silicone additives market across the globe.
The Asia-Pacific region holds the major portion of the global silicone additives market, owing to huge paints and coatings and the paper industry in the region. The market in the North America region is also expected to grow at a significant pace with the rapid growth of the skincare market in the countries such as U.S. and Canada.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global silicone additives industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global silicone additives market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global silicone additives market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global silicone additives market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the silicone additives market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the silicone additives market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Silicone Additives Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Dow Corning, KCC Corporation, Shin-Etsu, BYK Additives, BRB International, Wacker Chemie, Evonik., Momentive Performance Materials, Siltech