Silicon polymers and elastomers used in silicon encapsulation exhibit excellent mechanical and chemical properties such as flexibility, shock resistance, humidity and water resistance, low toxicity, and chemical and temperature resistance. In addition, silicone encapsulation has advantages such as thermal transfer and light emission owing to which its market demand has increased with applications in the electrical & electronics sector.
The rise in demand for consumer electronics has catapulted the general silicone encapsulant market with applications in under bonnet electronics and electrical appliances. Moreover, the demand for alternative renewable energy sources has provided major traction in this market with increase in application in photovoltaic cells and solar power devices. Optically clear encapsulants provide superior temperature and moisture resistance and are considered as UV stable owing to which their demand is likely to increase in light emitting diode (LED), photovoltaic (PV), and other light sensitive devices. In addition, decrease in price of PV solar modules such as monocrystalline and polycrystalline cells is likely to generate lucrative growth opportunities for the market. The market is expected to increase its scope of applications in aviation displays. While high operating temperature zones are expected to hamper the optimal functioning of these materials, technological advancement is expected to boost its market demand.
Europe and North America have increased the demand for the silicon encapsulant market owing to growth in the electrical, electronics, and aviation sectors. Moreover, increase in application of optically clear encapsulants is expected to create potential market growth opportunities in Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
The report on the global silicone encapsulant market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. Based on type, it includes general silicone encapsulant, optically clear encapsulant, and thermal conductive encapsulant. Based on application, the market is bifurcated into electrical, electronics, automobiles, optics, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Top market players in silicone encapsulant market include Wacker Chemie AG, Dow Corning Corporation, ACC Silicones Ltd, Evonik Industries, Shin-Etsu Chemicals, 3M, Henkel AG, Huntsman Corporation, Sika AG, and H.B. Fuller.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 that assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on the global silicone encapsulant market.
- In-depth coverage of the market including drivers, restraints, and opportunities helps professionals to better understand the market behavior.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships, and acquisitions in the market is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the market and assists strategists in better decision-making.
- Pinpoint analysis of geographical segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the market.
Silicone Encapsulant Market Key Segments
- General Encapsulant
- Optically Clear Encapsulant
- Thermally Conductive Encapsulant
- Electricals & Electronics.
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA