Silicone Film Market Analysis
Silicone films are ultrathin and high-precision films that belong to class cross-linked silicone rubber. These films are available in different forms such as roll stock in various thicknesses from 20 to 400 μm and sheets. Silicone film is manufactured under cleanroom conditions entirely without utilization of additional solvents. Silicone sheets are chemically inert and offer resistance to weathering, UV, and Ozone damage. They are also highly permeable to both gas and water vapor. Silicone films are a sort of layer or covering associated with various substrates and surfaces for protection against harsh conditions, owing to their extra advantages such as chemical stability, heat resistant, bio-durability, and flexibility at low temperatures. These are waterproof covering and protect substances from rusting or other water-based chemical substances. Silicone is also commonly used release coating material due to its ability to offer performance characteristics, such as a dissimilar silicon-oxygen bond, ultra-low surface energy, and high gas permeability.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The global market for silicone films is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic led to a decline in the economic growth in almost all major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of silicone films, which negatively impact the market growth.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The global silicone film market is rising rapidly, owing to its wide-ranging applications in numerous industries such as automotive, textiles, and medical. Silicone film is utilized in manufacturing of wire insulation, lamps, lighting, and power distribution. Its superior dielectric properties and excellent thermal stability is the key contributor to drive global silicone film market. The efficiency of silicone film is way much greater than as compared to the other materials such as plastics and it has increased demand for silicone films in the global market. Moreover, silicone films have usage in medical applications due to their properties like chemical stability, biocompatibility, and resistance to high temperature. Nevertheless, high cost of manufacturing and increased raw material cost could hamper the growth of global silicone film market.
New Product launch to boost the market
In November 2018, Loparex extended its operations at Europe for release liner creation. The Apeldoorn creation office in the Netherlands will introduce another extruder to improve Loparex capacity further and to serve the worldwide discharge liner market. The new extruder is expected to be operational by the first half of 2020. The new capacity will help the company to serve its customers with poly-coated release liners.
Surge in usage in electronics applications
Electronics application holds largest share in global silicone film market volume share and is expected to display significant growth over the forecast period, owing to its wide range of applications in semiconductors, transistors, capacitors, and sensors. Increase in population and rise in use for electronics devices, silicone film is extremely critical product owing to its wide range of applications including transparent conductive films for various super capacitors, smartphones, flexible electronic devices. Silicone films are widely used for electronics industry due to their properties chemical stability, ozone, and UV resistance, and good thermal stability at various temperatures.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global silicone film market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global silicone film market.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the global silicone film market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global silicone film market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the silicone film market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the silicone film market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the silicone film market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Silicone Film Market Report Highlights
By End-Use Industry
Key Market Players
Momentive Performance Materials, Siliconature, WackerChemie, DowDuPont, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Polyplex, Toray Advanced Film, Elkem, Loparex, Sappi Limited