Silicone Surfactants Market Statistics - 2027
Surfactants are chemical compounds that reduce the surface tension between molecules of liquids or gases. Silicone surfactants are organic compounds manufactured from benzene, ethylene, and other oleo-chemical compounds such as palm oil or coconut oil. These chemicals have superior dispersion and emulsification properties and have a wide range of applications in various personal care products and paints and coatings.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected the growth of the global silicone surfactants market.
- Because of the global economic slowdown caused by the pandemic, there is a decrease in disposable income among the consumers around the globe. This has resulted in a significant decrease in the demand for personal care products and this is affecting the growth of the silicone surfactants market.
- Most of the brick & mortar shops and malls remained closed due to the nationwide lockdowns imposed by the governments to contain the virus. This has caused a significant reduction in the sales of products such as soaps, detergents, and other consumer goods. Since silicone surfactants played a major role in the manufacturing of these goods, this decrease in sales had direct impacts on the demand for silicone surfactants around the world.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
One of the major factors driving the growth of the silicone surfactants market is its extensive use in the personal care sector. The rapid urbanization across the globe has led to an increase in disposable income among the consumers. This has caused an escalating demand for products such as detergents, soaps, shaving creams, and other personal care products and thereby driving the demand for silicone surfactants as an emulsifying and wetting agent in the market. Moreover, silicone surfactants are also extensively used in the pharmaceutical sector in the formation of tablets and capsules and also in various ointments. Because of its superior dispersion capabilities, silicone surfactants are also used as new varnishes and paints & coatings, which have a wide area of applications in the construction industries. Furthermore, the attractive investments and elaborate research and development by the major companies are expected to drive the growth of the global silicone surfactant market in the near future. However, the stringent government regulations on the harsh environmental effects of silicon surfactants along with the introduction of several bio-surfactants limit the market growth.
The market in the Asia-Pacific region accounts for a significant share of the global silicone surfactants market because of the high population density and the surge in demand for personal care products in the region.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global silicone surfactants industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global silicone surfactants market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global silicone surfactants market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global silicone surfactants market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Silicone Surfactants Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the silicone surfactants market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Silicone Surfactants Market Report Highlights
By End-use Industry
Key Market Players
Wacker Chemie AG, Siltech Corporation, Evonik Industries, Silibase Silicone, Jiangsu Maysta Chemical, Innospec, Supreme Silicones, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd, Momentive Performance Materials, Dow