Simvastatin is the class of statins that lowers blood cholesterols level in the body. This drug class of statins is majorly used to treat bad cholesterol level in the body by inhibiting HMG coenzyme reductase.
The major factors contributing to the growth of the simvastatin market include increase in prevalence of coronary heart diseases such as stroke, heart attack, atherosclerosis, and others and rise in geriatric population. Moreover, large number of clinical trials and innovative R&D approaches to develop advanced drugs drive the market growth. However, side effects, such as joint pains, muscle pain, constipation, and nausea, associated with the use of simvastatin restrain the market growth. Increase in R&D activities in the field of pharmaceutical industries and rise in therapeutical applications are anticipated to provide new opportunities for the market.
The simvastatin market is segmented on the basis of product, dosage form, end user, and region. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into enzymatic synthesis and chemical Synthesis. By dosage form, it is categorized into tablets and capsules. In terms of end user, it is classified into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the simvastatin market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis to assist the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to determine various products available in the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive market outlook.
Simvastatin Market Key Segments:
- Enzymatic Synthesis
- Chemical Synthesis
By Dosage Form
By End User
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis Global
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Concord Biotech
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
- Sun Pharma
- Abbott Laboratories