Single-mode optical fiber is used for long-distance signal transmission of a single ray or mode of light as a carrier. This cable is a glass fiber with a diameter of 8.3 to 10 microns that has one mode of transmission. Single-mode optical fiber has a relatively narrow diameter, through which only one mode can propagate (typically 1310 or 1550 nm). Moreover, it carries higher bandwidth than multimode fiber, but requires a light source with a narrow spectral width. Higher transmission rate & speed of a single wavelength of light and growth in importance of cloud computing, data transfer & storage, and IoT drive the use of internet, which further accelerates the demand for single-mode optical fiber. However, expensive production and low versatile nature impede the market growth. Cost opportunities for coherent transmission by permitting reduced signal regeneration and/or longer spans between amplifiers offer a major opportunity for market expansion.
The global single-mode optical fiber market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and region. Based on type, it is divided into G.652, G.653, G.655, G.656, and G.657. The applications included in this report are telecom and others. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The global single-mode optical fiber market is dominated by key players such as Corning Incorporated, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., Nokia, Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd., Pirelli & C. S.p.A. - P.IVA, Yangtze Optical Fibre And Cable Joint Stock Limited Company, HTGD, ZTT, FiberHome, and Fujikura Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global single-mode optical fiber market and current & future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about the key drivers, restrains, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the market size are provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers operating in the industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global market from 2017 to 2023 is provided to determine the market potential.
Single-mode Optical Fiber Market Key Segments:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Corning Incorporated
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Furukawa electric co., ltd.
- Pirelli & C. S.p.A. - P.IVA
- Yangtze Optical Fibre And Cable Joint Stock Limited Company
- Fujikura Ltd.