Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) is usually a mutation found at a specific locus or a single base pair mutation containing two alleles. SNPs aid in understanding the correlations among genotype and behavior indicated by all living organisms. SNP genotyping is the measurement of genetic variations that commonly occur in individuals. Unlike conventional time consuming, expensive and labor extensive detection technology, SNP technology is highly efficient, relatively inexpensive and automated. Analysis of SNPs is widely utilized in different disciplines of genetics and related studies, commonly associated with studying genetic determinants of many complex diseases. SNP technologies are extensively utilized for detection and are beneficial in the etiology of several human diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular, Alzheimers, Asthma and others.
In addition, SNPs are an essential markers in various human ailments and are intensely employed in pharmacogenomics to customize personalized medicine in a better way. Therefore, rising applications of SNPs in several Life Sciences & Biotechnology aspects are driving the Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping market. Furthermore, emerging technologies of SNP genotyping in Life Sciences field such as Agricultural biotechnology, diagnostic research, pharmaceuticals, pharmacogenomics and animal & livestock breeding is expected to boost the market growth in future. Other key factors driving the market are rising prevalence of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. However, insufficient reimbursement policies limit the growth of SNPs genotyping market.
The Global Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping market is segmented on the basis of technologies, applications and geography. Based on the technologies, the market is segmented into SNP Genechips and Microarrays, TaqMan Assay (Allelle-Specific Hybridization), SNP, genotyping based upon Pyrosequencing, SN Plex based upon Applied Biosystems, Sequenom Masarray MALDI-TOF, RFLP (Restricted Fragment Length Polymorphism), SSCP (Single-Strand Conformation Polymorphism), ARMS (Amplication Refractory Mutation System) and Other SNP genotyping technologies. There are several application of SNPs that include Animal genetics, Plant improvement, Diagnostic research, Aquaculture, Pharmaceuticals and Pharmacogenomics, Agricultural Biotechnology, Animal Livestock and breeding and Other SNP applications. Amongst all the applications, pharmacogenomics and diagnostics are the most attractive application in this market. Geographically, the report is segmented across four regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. North America is the dominating region in Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping market due to growing commercial research in personalized medicines, animal breeding and others. In addition, Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market due to the rising demand of SNP genotyping in emerging economies such as China and India across different fields, which largely propells the market growth. Key strategies adopted by major players in this market include product launches, collaborations and agreements. Recently, on April 13, 2015, Affymetrix Inc., collaborated with MTI Ltd. for personal genomics and genetic research services in Japan to expand their business in healthcare. Companies profiled in this report include Beckman Coulter, Bio-Rad Laboratories, GE Healthcare, Affymetrix Inc., Sequenom, Inc., Roche Holding AG, Qiagen, Fluidigm Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and few others
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the Global Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping market is provided. For instance, growing demand of SNPs in drug development process will drive the market; however, insufficient reimbursement policies are likely to be a major restraint of the market
- The projections in this report are made by analysing the current market trends and the market potential for the forecast period of 2014-2020, in terms of value.
- A comprehensive analysis of technologies, applications and geography segments enables the identification of growth opportunities within the Global Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping market
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers of Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across geographies
- SWOT analysis of the key market players is provided to illustrate the business strategies adopted by the companies
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 that help in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions is provided which helps in determining the prevailing opportunities across these geographies
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The Global Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping market is segmented into technology, application and geography segments.
Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping By Technology
- SNP Genechips and Microarrays
- TaqMan Assay (Allelle-Specific Hybridization)
- SNP genotyping based upon Pyrosequencing
- SN Plex based upon Applied Biosystems
- Sequenom Masarray MALDI-TOF
- RFLP (Restricted Fragment Length Polymorphism)
- SSCP (Single-Strand Conformation Polymorphism)
- ARMS (Amplication Refractory Mutation System)
- Other SNP genotyping technologies
Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping By Application
- Animal genetics
- Plant improvement
- Diagnostic research
- Pharmaceuticals and Pharmacogenomics
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Animal Livestock and breeding
- Other SNP applications
Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) genotyping By Geography
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Asia Pacific