Rising awareness concerning the effects of untreated sleep apnea in regions such as North America and the benefit of disability tax credit for sleep apnea in Canada are the factors that are likely to boost the market growth. A large count of diagnosed sleep apnea patients along with the higher healthcare costs associated with untreated sleep are the factors that foster the market growth.
Irregular reimbursements along with inappropriate patient compliance and cost effective alternative treatments for sleep apnea are the factors that restrain the growth of the market.
Rise in obesity and a large pool of VC funding along with Innovative product offering are the factors that offer abundant growth opportunities in this market. Companies invest on developing innovative sleep apnea devices and oral appliances market is also expected to create growth opportunities in the market.
The sleep apnea diagnostic devices market is segmented based on products, types, end user and region. Based on the products, the market is segmented into polysomnography (PSG) devices, respiratory polygraphs, single-channel screening devices (pulse oximeters), actigraphy systems. The polysomnography (PSG) devices is further segmented into clinical PSG devices and ambulatory PSG devices, while single-channel screening devices (pulse oximeters, tabletop pulse oximeters and wrist-worn pulse oximeters. On the basis of types the sleep apnea therapeutic devices market is segmented into Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) device, facial interfaces, adaptive servo-ventilation (ASV), airway clearance systems and oxygen concentrators, accessories, oral appliances and alternate therapies. The positive airway pressure (PAP) device is segmented into CPAP devices, APAP devices and BPAP devices. The facial interfaces is segmented into masks, full-face masks, nasal masks and nasal pillow masks. The accessories is further segmented into pillows, mask, cleaning wipes, chin restraints and others while oral appliances is further segmented into mandibular advancement devices and tongue retaining device. The end-user is segmented into home care settings and sleep laboratories and hospitals. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key industry players in this market are Philips Healthcare, Resmed, Inc., Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd, Somnomed Limited, Compumedics Limited, Devilbiss Healthcare, BMC Medical Co., Ltd., Braebon Medical Corporation, Weinmann Medical Devices GmbH and Whole You, Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends, key market challenges and emerging avenues for the growth of this market across the globe.
- The report offers latest technological innovations and the recent R&D developments.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report offers detailed segmentation and analyzes the key segments in terms of market size by value and volume and country-level analysis to provide an in-depth understanding of the market.
- Porters Five Forces analysis is offered in the report along with highlighting bargaining power of buyers and suppliers.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
Polysomnography (PSG) Devices
Clinical PSG Devices
Ambulatory PSG Devices
- Single-Channel Screening Devices (Pulse Oximeters) Handheld Pulse Oximeters
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeters
- Tabletop Pulse Oximeters
- Wrist-Worn Pulse Oximeters
- Actigraphy Systems
- Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) Device
- CPAP Devices
- APAP Devices
- BPAP Devices
Nasal Pillow Masks
Adaptive Servo-Ventilation (ASV)
Airway Clearance Systems
Mask Cleaning Wipes
Mandibular Advancement Devices
Tongue Retaining Device
- Lifestyle Changes
- Positional Therapy
By End User
Home Care Settings
Sleep Laboratories and Hospitals
Key Company Profile
Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd
BMC Medical Co., Ltd.
Braebon Medical Corporation
Weinmann Medical Devices GmbH
Whole You, Inc.