Sleep disorder or insomnia is a medical disorder in which the patient has difficulty with sleep maintenance or sleep initiation. This disorder causes irregular mental, physical, social, and emotional functions.
Factors such as increasing incidences of depression & other medical disorders, late night working schedule, busy lifestyle, lack of quality sleep, and rising geriatric population drive the market growth. However, patent expirations of major sleep disorder treatment drugs and side effects associated with these drugs such as restlessness & nausea restrain the market growth. Moreover, introduction of home sleep test kits and utilization of wearable monitors & continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy increase opportunities for the market growth.
The sleep disorder treatment drugs market is segmented on the basis of sleep disorder, product, medication, and region. On the basis of sleep disorder, it is segmented into insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome, narcolepsy, and sleep walking. On the basis of product, it is segmented into mattresses & pillows, sleep laboratories, medications, and sleep apnea devices. On the basis of medication, it is segmented into prescription-based drugs, OTC drugs, and herbal drugs. Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players in the market include Pfizer Inc, Sanofi, Merck & Co Inc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Cardinal Health, Becton Dickson and Company, and Natus Medical Incorporated.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps understand various types of products used for sleep disorder treatment.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Global Sleep Disorder Treatment Drugs Market Key Segments:
By Sleep Disorder
- Sleep Apnea
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sleep Walking
- Mattresses and Pillows
- Sleep Laboratories
- Sleep Apnea Devices
- Prescription-based Drugs
- OTC Drugs
- Herbal Drugs
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA