Sludge is a thick solid waste with the mixture of liquid that is generated from the industries and oil refineries. This waste is then discarded in fresh water sources or in the environment. Sludge treatment and disposal equipment are the machines that are used in disposing and treating of these sludge. Increasing population and demand for the fresh water sources have increased the sludge treatment and disposal equipment. It consists of a sludge dehydrator and a conveyor. It is generally used in the treatment of wastewater.
Covid-19 Scenario analysis:
- The demand for the sludge treatment and disposal equipment is expected to decrease in the year 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand from chemical industries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has halted the production of various products in the sludge treatment and disposal equipment industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of sludge treatment and disposal equipment market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020, and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries, including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is negatively affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends , drivers, and impact analysis
In past few years sludge treatment and using disposal equipment is one of the significant method of a waste-water treatment plant so as to diminish volume of solid sludge and its proficient removal. Thus, shortage of water sources helps the development of the waste-water treatment industry and becoming a major factor in driving the sludge treatment and its disposal equipment. waste-water treatment plant administrators generally dump untreated dewatered sludge in open lands because of poor infrastructures. Asia Pacific region like India, China, Indonesia and Japan are rapidly increasing their food and pharmaceutical industries which also as a major key factor for increasing the requirement for sludge treatment and disposal equipment market. Asia Pacific region is a developing nation and about to lead the market in near future. Europe region being the largest market in the manufacturing and supplying of these sludge treatment and disposal equipment followed by Asia-Pacific. However, the high initial investment, the use of modern technologies and government regulations for disposal of sludge hinder the market growth for sludge treatment and disposal equipment market.
The global sludge treatment and disposal equipment market trends are:
New product launches to flourish the market
The launch of new products to the market can boost the growth of the market. In the past few years, many products were launched in the market. These products are well advanced with the technology and have unique features like the vacuum sludge treatment and disposal equipment. On September 23,2019 Alfa Laval a sludge treatment and disposal equipment firm has invented another product known as Aldec. The broad scope of ALDEC sludge rotators are fit for dealing with a wide scope of stream rates. They are intended to be productive, easy to install and its operation is very powerful. Establishment, working and administration life costs are negligible. It reduce the sludge volume, which eliminates transport and removal costs. In 2019, Suez SA won an agreement to remodel and function Naples-North and Cuma waste water treatment plants. Moreover, these new generation sludge treatment and disposal equipment offer cost and energy saving benefits.
Growing demand from industrial applications
In past few years manufacturers are producing new products on the basis of interests of the customers. On the basis of application sludge treatment and disposal equipment are used in various industries and municipalities . The water treatment plants are in large demand for the sludge treatment and disposal equipment for the treatment of sewage sludge that is produced as a by- product during the water treatment process. Further applications of sludge treatment includes thickening, dewatering, and incineration. Many growing industries like chemical, metal producing industries, food and pharmaceutical, education hubs , automobile sector and others have high usage of sludge and disposal equipment. Moreover, the chemical sludge like hydroxide precipitates, polymer solids are produced from the production of chemicals in the chemical industries. In addition to it sludge treatment and disposal equipment are also used for disposing of sludge under the ground and keeping environment clean & hygienic.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the sludge treatment and disposal equipment market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the sludge treatment and disposal equipment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the sludge treatment and disposal equipment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Sludge Treatment and Disposal Equipment Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Flo Trend Systems, Inc., Huber SE, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, Aqseptence and Hiller Separation & Process., Veolia, Alfa Laval, Phoenix Process Equipment, Hitachi Zosen Corporation, Andritz, Kontek Process Water Management