The arms industry is also known as the defense industry or the arms trade. This industry is responsible for the production and sales of weapons and military technology. The companies producing arms are also referred to as arms dealers, defense contractors, or as the military industry. They are solely responsible for producing arms for the armed forces of state and civilians. It consists of commercial industry involved in the R&D, engineering, production, and servicing of military material, equipment, and facilities.
The key factors for the growth of the market are increase in participation in hunting and shooting sports, rise in demand for self-defense and law enforcement, and political instability. However, implementation of strict rules by the regulatory bodies in procuring and keeping arms restrains the growth of the market. Also, strict enforcement of laws against hunting gradually hinder the growth of the market. The increase in measures to exterminate terrorism is a probable opportunity for the market.
The market is segmented into end user, type, caliber, cutting type, operation, technology, and geography. By end user, it is divided into military, law enforcement, hunting, sports, and self-defense. By type, it is classified into pistol, revolver, rifle, machine gun, and shortgun. By caliber, it is categorized into 5.56 mm, 7.62 mm, and 9 mm. By cutting type, it is bifurcated into rifled and smooth bore. The operation type is segmented into automatic, semi-automatic, and manual. By technology, the market is classified into guided and unguided types. By geography, it is analyzed across North-America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players mentioned in the report are Fabbrica dArmi Pietro Beretta S.p.A., Colt Manufacturing Company LLC., GLOCK Ges.m.b.H, Heckler and Koch GmbH, HS Produkt, Israeli Weapon Industries, Concern Kalashnikov, Remington Arms Company LLC, SIGSAUER, and Smith & Wesson.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global small arms market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market by type, end user, and operations helps understand the products that are used currently along with the variants that is projected to gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence elucidates the competitive scenario across the geographies.
Small Arms Market Key Segments:
BY END USER
- Law Enforcement
- Machine Gun
BY CUTTING TYPE
- NORTH AMERICA
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Fabbrica dArmi Pietro Beretta S.p.A.
- Colt Manufacturing Company LLC.
- GLOCK Ges.m.b.H
- Heckler and Koch GmbH
- HS Produkt
- Israeli Weapon Industries
- Concern Kalashnikov
- Remington Arms Company LLC
- SIG Sauer
- Smith & Wesson