Small gas engines are employed in various outdoor power equipment, such as chainsaws, rotary tillers, hedge trimmers, string trimmers, concrete vibrators, concrete screeds, lawnmowers, leaf blowers, snow blowers, portable generators, pressure washers, and edgers. The demand for lawnmowers, acts as one of the emerging factors that is expected to propel the growth of the market. The residential & commercial construction market accounts for a majority of lawn mower equipment sales. The gardening equipment segment has witnessed a significant growth, owing to growth in adoption in the residential & commercial construction industries. The outdoor power equipment in the landscaping services is majorly used for cutting, trimming, and maintaining lawns, and is anticipated to be in high demand at golf courses, sports fields, and public parks.
This report projects the trends and opportunities of the global small gas engine market. This research study includes a qualitative & quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projections to understand the present overview toward the market growth and predict the market behavior during the forecast period
The demand for small gas engine products is increasing as multiple car manufacturers are determined to meet stringent emissions norms, such as EURO 5, the ACEA agreement and EURO 6. However, this downsizing phenomenon is setting up new technical avenues, such as micro-hybridization and biofuels, which provide opportunities for the market growth. Moreover, emissions legislation is the major driver for engine downsizing and has, in turn, paved the way for the growth of technologies, such as engine boosting, gasoline direct injection (GDI), and homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI). Stringent emission standards that are enforced in many countries have prompted vehicle manufacturers to downsize engines, which is propelled the growth of the market in the automotive industry. However, surge in prices of small gas engines is expected to hamper the market growth to some extent.
The global small gas engine market is segmented based on engine displacement, equipment, application, and geography. Based on engine displacement, it is classified into 20100cc, 101450cc, and 451650cc. Based on equipment, it is divided into lawnmower, chainsaw, portable generator, pressure washer, trimmer, edger, and others (rotary tiller, concrete vibrators, leaf blower, and snow blower). Based on application, it is categorized into gardening, industrial, construction, and others (transportation and installation). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players in this sector involve Briggs & Straton Corporation., Kohler Co., Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Honda Motor Co, Fuji Heavy Industries, Yamaha Motor Corporation, Kubota Corporation, Liquid Combustion Technology, Kipor Power, and Champion Power Equipment.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2016-2023, which is expected to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise small gas engine market conditions have been comprehensively analyzed in the report. Increase in demand for small gas engines for industrial use is expected to drive the growth of the market.
- Key players of the small gas engine market have been listed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of segmentation of small gas engine market within the market have been provided, which is expected to assist in the prevailing market opportunities.
Small Gas Engine Market Key Segments
By Engine Displacement
- 20-100 cc
- 101-450 cc
- 451-650 cc
- Portable Generator
- Pressure Washer
- Others (Rotary Tiller, Concrete Vibrators, Leaf Blower, and Snow Blower)
- Others (Transportation and Installation)
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA