Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy is the medication that blocks the cancerous cells growth by destroying the targeted molecules that result in the growth of tumor and carcinogenesis. Conventional chemotherapies and cytotoxin medications destroy the division of cancerous cells by inhibiting the process of cell division. Targeted Cancer therapy is considered to be more effective than the conventional methods and prevent normal cells from harmful radiations. Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy has broad spectrum of application in multiple myeloma, melanoma, prostate cancer, lymphoma, breast cancer, and all other cancers.
Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy has a targeted approach and minimal after side- effects; this results into increased rate of adoption of the therapy by the end users. This is the major factor that is driving the growth of the market. Moreover, increase in the rate of cancer incidences is also contributing to the growth of the market. The substantial hurdle for the growth of the market is the rate of the approved chemical drugs that is declining every year due to stringent regulations. In addition, low awareness among end-users and high operational cost are also hampering the growth of the market. Drugs that are losing their patents such as Norvartis’s Glivec are unlocking the door of opportunity for the manufacturers of the Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy.
Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy Type Market Analysis
Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy type market is segmented into monoclonal antibodies, small molecules and small molecule drug conjugates. Monoclonal antibodies can be further segmented into fully human antibody (with an immune system target), chimeric monoclonal antibody (with a tumor target) and humanized monoclonal antibody (with a circulatory system target). Small Molecules can also be further segmented into small molecule cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, small molecule proteasome inhibitor and small molecule tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Small Molecules segment is the largest revenue generating segment due to its kinase inhibitor that can provide relatively more protection to the normal cells. It can efficiently destroy the selected target cells and prevent the growth of the tumor.
Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy Geography Market Analysis
Geographically, Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and RoW. North America is the largest revenue generating segment due to relative rise in the cancer cases.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy market are product launches, mergers & acquisitions and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would provide efficient products and yield strong performing products that support the market regulations and finally, exhibit better customer satisfaction. The companies profiled in this report are OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Cytokinetics Inc., Hospira Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Bayer HealthCare AG, and Abbott Laboratories.
High Level Analysis
The report analyzes various macro environments of the Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy market using porter’s analysis. According to porter’s analysis, the bargaining power of the supplier is high due to high cost of switching. The bargaining power of buyer is low due to the specialized products of Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy market and threat of substitute is low due to unavailability of alternate products.
- The study helps to analyze the Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy market trends to provide excess intelligence into the entire market segment and thus, helps the market players to make strategic decisions
- To study the various factors that are enhancing and restraining the development of the market that would help the stakeholders in understanding the market in detail
- To identify competitive strategies adopted by the top players due to certain government regulations and thus, assist the stakeholders in taking actionable decisions
- Porter’s five forces model helps to understand the scope of bargaining power of buyers and suppliers and threat of the new entrants
- The analysis focuses on the wide variety of opportunities for the growth and expansion of the market
Key Market Segment
Small Molecule Targeted Cancer Therapy market Analysis is segmented on the basis of Type and geographies.
Market by Type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Fully Human Antibody
- Chimeric Monoclonal Antibody
- Humanized Monoclonal Antibody
- Small Molecules
- Small Molecule Cyclin-dependent Kinase Inhibitor
- Small Molecule Proteasome Inhibitor
- Small Molecule Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor
- Small Molecule Drug Conjugates
Market by Geography
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Asia Pacific