Smart Airport 3.0 Market Outlook – 2027
The global smart airport 3.0 market is experiencing a significant growth due to increasing air traffic passengers globally. Smart airport 3.0 adopts self-service that is deployed across the passenger journey at all levels, where operations management is automated & predictive, and mobility solutions such as smart tablets are largely used on terminal side and air side to provide ease, comfort, and advanced security for passengers to enhance overall airport experience and optimize the operational efficiency of airports. Smart airport brings together a variety of technologies through the Internet of Things (IoT), with the goal of strategically differentiating an airport, including improved traveler experience.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
• The COVID-19 crisis has created a demand for facial recognition solutions that will have no need for physical authentication systems such as biometrics.
• Amid the COVID-19 crisis, various airports across countries have ordered thermal scanners and infrared scanners for passenger screening that can detect fevers from a distance.
• The spread of COVID-19 is posing serious challenges for airlines, airports, and their ecosystems. However, the pandemic could help catalyze investments in new technologies and radically reshape the industry.
• Demand for smart passenger screening solutions is expected to surge post the COVID-19 pandemic in the long term, as airports will strive to maintain vigilance levels.
• The travel restrictions imposed by the governments owing to the COVID-19 control measures has decreased air passenger traffic, limiting the overall growth of the market.
Top impacting factors:market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in usage of smart applications at airside operations, increase in demand for biometric solutions, and rise in adoption of airport modernization programs are the factors that drive the global smart airport 3.0 market. However, limited integration capability of various IoT devices hinders the market growth. On the contrary, increase in air passenger traffic, utilization of AI, and trend of wearable devices present new pathways in the industry.
The global smart airport 3.0market trends are as follows:
Rise in adoption of airport modernization programs
Smart solutions enable smoother and efficient operations, leading to cost savings in airport operations, such as passenger processing. In addition, smart airports can provide real-time information through SMS services, offer check-ins via self-service kiosks, and facilitate automated baggage handling. For instance, in December 2018, Saarbrucken Airport (an airport in Saarland, Germany) deployed the Germany’s first remote tower to control air traffic from a city Leipzig (a city in Germany), 450 KM away from Saarbrucken. This remote tower is operated by Deutsche Flugsicherung (DFS), the company in-charge of air traffic control for Germany. Moreover, advancements in high-speed wireless network technology and the number of devices enabled with IoT are increasing rapidly.Such, rise in adoption of airport modernization programs is expected to boost the global smart airport 3.0 market growth.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global smart airport 3.0 industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global smart airport 3.0 market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global smart airport 3.0 market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global smart airport 3.0 market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the smart airport 3.0market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the smart airport 3.0market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Smart Airport 3.0 Market Report Highlights
By End Market
Key Market Players
Sabre Corp., Collins Aerospace, Honeywell International Inc., IBM Corporation, Thales Group, Indra Sistemas S.A., SITA, Cisco Systems Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Siemens AG, Amadeus IT Group SA