The market in every industry is moving toward the smart digital sensor and smart devices infusion into every field and so has the cloth market has moved on toward integration of smart devices and e-textile in the clothing industry. Smart clothes have connected digital sensors, actuators, microcontrollers, components, batteries, and others that require technologies embedded finely inside the cloth. The available smart clothing is smart shirts, t-shirts, bodysuits that provide the human body data such as pulse rate, heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, muscle stretch, and movement. All the data collected are sent via wireless connectivity to a registered device or the control unit to which the smart clothes are linked. The smart clothes are used by sportsman, military commandos, athletes, and for others healthcare-related issues who need continuous monitoring of their body and requires real-time data. The military and sports segment needs smart cloths to measure efficiency, wound detection, ballistic protection, and communication & networking capabilities and prevent injury in difficult situations. Recent development and innovations in the field are towards the manufacturing of new fabric that can pass signals and charge through the fabric.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The smart clothing manufacturers are facing problems in procuring their raw materials as major electronic sensors are manufactured in China and Vietnam.
- The market will face significant growth as the manufacturers are trying to develop smart sensors which can show early sign of COVID-19 infected people nearby via data from other government websites and applications.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Surge in the application of smart clothing in sports, healthcare & defense segment, demand for monitoring of physical conditions of players, patients, and soldiers at different point of time using GPS tracker, heart rate monitoring sensors and thermal sensors to ensure their body functioning is increasing the demand for smart clothing globally. Also, the use of smart clothes for workers of the chemical factory and other factories to ensure safety at work is increasing the demand from manufacturing entities. However, the major constraints of the smart cloth market are data breach of users, high manufacturing cost, lack of awareness among people, and capability of the cloth to sustain in harsh weather. Innovation in the smart clothing market is related to collaboration of textile manufacturers with software companies which will result in better e-textile which are capable of providing comfort as traditional textile having all the features of smart clothes.
The global smart clothing market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
The leading apparel manufacturers have tied-up with software developing companies to develop new cloth that is capable of connecting to smartphones and can be used as an accessory with the smartphone. Levi’s world’s leading jeans manufacturers have come for a collaboration with Google Inc. where they have developed a jacket under the brand name “Jacquard”, which is a smart jacket that is designed for urban bikers. The left shoulder of the jacket is designed to take inputs from users’ hands and translate them to command and use as input in the biker’s smartphone.
Surge in usage in defense and sports activates
The demand of smart clothes will increase from every industry as there is high need of smart clothes for a different industry but the major demand will be from the defense sector to monitor the health of commandos & soldiers in high altitude during combat missions, ensure safety from ballistic weapons and to help with enemies location and real-time movement. The sportsperson has seen using smart cloths to check breathing rate and other body functions at practice sessions which plays a crucial role during the match and events.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global smart clothing industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global smart clothing market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global smart clothing market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global smart clothing market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Smart Clothing Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the smart clothing market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Smart Clothing Market Report Highlights
By Fabric Type
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Sensoria Inc, Myontec, Ltd., AiQ Smart Clothing Inc., Hexoskin, Levi Strauss & Co., Clothing+, Cityzen Sciences, Catapult Sports Pty Ltd., Polar, Textronics Inc., Heddoko Inc., Mondevices, Lumo Bodytech Inc., Adidas Group, Rest Devices Inc., Wearable Electronics, Athos, Ralph Lauren, Under Armour