Smart lighting systems are designed to ensure energy efficiency, and include automated controls and highly efficient fixtures, that can make adjustments depending on conditions, example occupancy. Lighting is an intentional use of light to add practical and aesthetic effect to a space. Furthermore, these systems include general, accent and task lighting. Besides this, smart lighting systems ensure lower energy usage and high cost savings.
Popularity of LED lighting products has contributed to the growth of the smart lighting market. Increasing demand for intelligent street lighting solutions is driving the market worldwide. Other factors, such as evolution of new wireless technology and increasing need for energy efficiency have also contributed to the growth of the market. Besides this, government regulations favoring the implementation of smart lighting systems have kept the market prospects high. However, incompatible wireless communication systems have hindered the market growth. Lack of awareness about the benefits of smart lighting systems have also obstructed the growth of the market. Expansion of smart cities that requiring smart lighting systems are likely to create greater opportunities.
World smart lighting market has been segmented based on end users, technologies, lighting types and geography. The end-users discussed in the market research report include government and public, commercial, industrial, residential and others. Technologies discussed during the study are wireless technology and wireless technology. Moreover, the lighting types assessed in the report are HID lamps, florescent lights, LED lamps and others. The components studied during the research are luminaries and fixtures as well as control and communication components. Regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA are expected to observe tremendous growth.
The key market players active in the smart lighting industry are Acuity Brands, Inc., Zumtobel AG, Digital Lumens, Inc., Streetlight.Vision, Encelium Technologies, Inc., Royal Philips Electronics N.V., Honeywell International, Osram Licht AG, Legrand S.A. and Lutron Elecronics, Co.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The market research report provides an integrated information on the major drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the industry growth during the forecast period.
- The study further drills down to produce data volume by components, end customers and demography.
- SWOT analysis of major brands, highlights weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies.
- Region wise business performance discussed in the market research report would be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas.
- The report not only examines the market dynamics but also takes a closer look at the growth rate and industrial chain structure.
- Study further weigh up on the prominent market players and what they are doing different to position their product in the already crowded marketplace.
- Assessment of upstream and downstream market also forms an important part of the report.
SMART LIGHTING MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
By End User
- Government and Public
- Wireless Technology
- Wireless Technology
By Lighting Type
- HID Lamps
- Florescent Lights
- LED Lamps
- North America
- Asia -Pacific
- Acuity Brands, Inc.
- Zumtobel AG
- Digital Lumens, Inc.
- Encelium Technologies, Inc.
- Royal Philips Electronics N.V.
- Honeywell International
- Osram Licht AG
- Legrand S.A.
- Lutron Elecronics, Co.