Memory foam, also referred to as viscoelastic polyurethane foam or low-resilience polyurethane foam (LRPU), is made up of polyurethane and additional chemicals to enhance the viscosity and density. Higher-density memory foam softens in response to body heat, molding to a warm body in a few minutes, thereby evenly distributing body weight. On removal of pressure, the form returns to its original shape. Thus, memory foam mattresses are used to avoid weight off of the pressure points (area on body that is sensitive and fatigue and tender points) and help people in relieving pain, thereby helping them to wake up in comfort. Memory foams are extensively utilized in medical as well as domestic applications.
The global smart memory foam market is driven by rise in disposable income of consumers in emerging economies; steady technological innovation; rapid adoption among carpet and flooring markets, and aircraft and transportation industries to provide required comfort and support in seats; and growth in cases of sleep disorders. Furthermore, increase in demand for smart memory foams in bandages and artificial applications in the manufacture of foam mattress of dental chairs coupled with use in prosthetics to counter pressure ulcers in products, such as seating pads, for patients is further expected to create market growth. The moisture permeability and energy dissipation properties is expected to create an opportunity for market growth. However, high cost of memory foam mattress as compared with spring foam mattress is expected to restrain the market growth to some extent.
The report segments the market on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, it is divided into traditional, air cool, and gel. Based on application, it is categorized into transportation, bedding, carpet cushion, furniture, medical, and others (marine and sports). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players in the global market include:
- Foam Factory, Inc.
- Restonic Mattress
- Dorel Industries
- Select Comfort
- Dream Smart
- King Coil
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global smart memory foam market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Smart Memory Foam Market Key Segments:
- Air Cool
- Carpet Cushion
- Others (Marine and Sports)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA