Smart pills include medical devices and small embedded electronic appliances such as sensors, cameras and trackers. The innovative smart pill technology has reduced the gap between healthcare and digital technology.
Increased adoption of minimally invasive surgeries among patient healthcare along with favorable reimbursement in countries and the demand of technological advanced capsule endoscopes are the factors that area likely to boost the growth of the market. Rise in incidences of colon cancer along with the increased application of capsule endoscopes in Japan are the factors that are expected to foster the market growth. Rising count of aged population in European nations along with large number of endoscopy training workshop and enhanced investments in Australia are the factors that are likely drive the growth of the market. Technological constraints affecting the efficiency of capsule endoscopes and the high cost of smart pills are the factors that restrain the growth of the market. Need for rapid drug development process is likely to create abundant growth opportunities in this market.
The report segments the smart pills market on the basis of applications, target area and geography. On the basis of applications, the market is segmented into capsule endoscopy, drug delivery, and patient monitoring. On the basis of target area the market is segmented into esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key market players are Bio ‐Images Research Ltd., Boston Scientific Corporation, Capsovision, Inc., Cerner Corporation, Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, Ge Healthcare, Given Imaging, Inc., Karl Storz Gmbh & Co. KG, Medimetrics S.A. DE C.V, Olympus Corporation, Pentax Medical Company and Proteus Digital Health, Inc.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends, key market challenges and emerging avenues for the growth of this market across the globe.
- The report offers latest technological innovations and the recent R&D developments.
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report offers detailed segmentation and analyzes the key segments in terms of market size by value and volume and country-level analysis to provide an in-depth understanding of the market.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis is offered in the report along with highlighting bargaining power of buyers and suppliers.
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors.
- The report offers information on the status of new projects along with offering investment feasibility analysis of the same.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
By Target Area
Key Company Profiles
Bio ‐Images Research Ltd.
Boston Scientific Corporation
Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
Ge Healthcare, Given Imaging, Inc.,
Karl Storz Gmbh & Co. KG
Medimetrics S.A. DE C.V
Pentax Medical Company
Proteus Digital Health, Inc.