RAM is acronym for Random Access Memory, which is a primary memory of computer system or any computer device like smartphone or tablet. It is the memory responsible for storing primary data for the applications currently running. RAM describes the performance of the phone. More the RAM will be in a phone, the lesser the CPU will get hotter, which makes the phone faster and compatible with other apps, games, and gives more features. RAM is a super-fast type of memory that stores the apps opened in the phone since it is turned on. More RAM smartphone has more apps, it can store for quick access, which results in fast working of the smartphone.
"The global smartphone RAM market is segmented on the basis of Type, Application, and Region. Based on type, the market is divided into Flash Memory and Hard drive. In terms of application, the market is categorized into Consumer Electronics, Telecom & Networking, Industrial. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 has affected the smartphone RAM market in terms of production capability, supply chain, and others
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has led to lockdowns in countries, which restricted the import and exports of material and required electrical components.
- Many smartphone manufacturers have facilities in China and rely on the country to supply components, and have thus faced delays due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The smartphone industry has seen production disruptions as well as substantial changes in usage patterns, which, in turn, is also affecting the smartphone RAM market.
- Also, as government of different provinces have already announced total lockdown and temporarily shutdown of industries, the overall production process being adversely affected; thus, hinder the overall Smartphone RAM market opportunity globally.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
The evolving high performance network applications and increased demand for faster cache memories, faster switching time, power consumption, and high durability compared to conventional RAM are the key drivers of the market. However, high designing cost and stability in extreme environmental conditions hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, growing demand for mass storage, universal storage devices, and rapid technology innovations is creating new opportunities for market.
The global smartphone RAM market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
New products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve accuracy of devices and overall functionality as well.
In February 2020, Micron announced the delivery of its low-power DDR5 DRAM in mass production for featuring in Xiaomi Mi 10 smartphone. With Xiaomi being a memory technology partner, this LPDDR5 DRAM aims at providing power efficiency and faster data access speeds to meet artificial intelligence (AI) and 5G functionality in smartphones.
Surge in growth of smartphone industry
The increasing need for high memory smartphones and tablets, increasing demand for rapid online operability and the availability of internet connectivity are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Flash memory is a technology that is used to store information and data in the absence of a power supply whereas, dynamic RAMs is used in computing devices such as mobile phones, personal computers, workstations, portable gaming devices, and tablets. The key market players are introducing their new smartphones providing high RAM for the operation of phones like 4GB, 8GB, and 16 GB RAM. For instance, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra comes with the option for an astounding 16 GB of RAM.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global smartphone RAM market size along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global smartphone RAM market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the smartphone RAM market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the Smartphone RAM industry.
- The report provides a detailed global smartphone RAM market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- The current Smartphone RAM market forecast is quantitatively analyzed to benchmark the financial competency.
Questions answered in the smartphone RAM market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the smartphone RAM market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Smartphone RAM Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Transcend, Apacer, Lenovo, Panasonic, Lexar, SanDisk, Sony, Kingmax, Kingston, Samsung Electronics