The social media advertisement market consists of promotional activities to connect with the audience to build the brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic on social media. Advertising refers to communication with the consumers of a product or a service. Social media advertising or marketing includes generating and sharing content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to accomplish marketing and branding goals. It comprises activities such as image updates, posting text, videos, and other content that drive user engagement.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The emergence of COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected almost all industries across the world. Further, lockdown restriction on movement has disrupted the supply chain across the globe but gave opportunities to the media industry and has positive impact on the growth of the social media advertisement market.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic implemented shutdowns in several country have brought about unprecedented changes in all industry segments - social media marketing and advertising industries are no exceptions. Presently, people are spending more time indoors, as a result of which content consumption has skyrocketed.
- In addition, it is notable to see the changes in consumer behavior and demand, purchasing patterns, re-routing of the supply chain, current market forces, and significant interventions of governments.
- Furthermore, there are strong indications that the current decrease in demand for technology and digital solutions will be just a short-term phenomenon. In the medium-to-long run, the COVID-19 technology impact may be extremely positive. Everyone is forced to embrace new technologies and discover their benefits. Additional investments in digital infrastructure can be expected.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Increasing internet penetration coupled with growing social media users
Increasing internet penetration coupled with rising social media users underwrote to the growth of the social media advertisement market. The tremendous growth in the number of social media users worldwide is expected for advertisement and marketing companies to focus on social media platforms to advertise their products and services. According to The Next Web’s article published in January 2019 on the Digital Trends, internet users across the globe were 4.38 billion with 57% infiltration in the total population. Moreover, social media users increased to 3.48 billion in January 2019, recording a growth of 9% or 288 million users, then in January 2018. Therefore, rising internet infiltration together with the growth in the number of social media users across the globe is projected to drive the revenues for the social media advertising market.
Rising need of AI in social media market
Currently, social media marketing professionals are gradually implementing artificial intelligence, since it can help to rise the revenue and diminish business costs. In social media marketing, several AI-powered tools exist to deliver insights from a brand's social media profile and audience. Brands often use AI to personalize email marketing campaigns based on consumer behavior and preferences. Presently, businesses are spending an extreme amount of money on influencer marketing to expand their reach among consumers. Social media, in present times, is mostly controlled by influencers who receive PR kits by brands of every new launch, and are paid massive amounts to promote the same.
Continual demonstration of original content enhances social media marketing industry
The existence of a brand on different social media platforms is a task and it's easy to fall prey to the deadliness of similar content. It is critical for marketers to understand the target audience and create posts that surge audience engagement. Social media marketing professionals are often focused on gaining followers and promoting a brand. They tend to forget that audience engagement not only increases credibility but also attracts new customers. Therefore, it is important for brands to know the audience better by appealing in conversations with them on social media platforms, at which they often fail.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the social media advertisement market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of global social media advertisement market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global social media advertisement market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global social media advertisement market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global analytics of things market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the social media advertisement market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the social media advertisement market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the social media advertisement market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Social Media Advertisement Market Report Highlights
By Organizational Size
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Facebook, Inc.,, Pinterest, Inc.,, Advance Publications, Inc.(Reddit),, Sina Corp (Sina Weibo), LinkedIn Corporation, Tencent (QQ, Qzone, and WeChat),, Google LLC (YouTube),, Twitter, Snap Inc. (Snapchat), ByteDance Ltd. (Tik Tok),