Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market Analysis:
Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) is an anionic surfactant with the chemical formula C12 (CH2) 11SO4Na, which has a molecule containing 12 carbon atoms attached to a sodium group. SLS is also known as sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) and sodium dodecane sulfate. SLS is found in powdered, needle, and granular forms. It is used in cleaning operations, cleaning preparations, and rowing & foam agents in industrial and textile applications. In addition, it has the ability to remove oil spots and residues from a variety of surfaces, enabling its usage in various specialized cleansing products. Sodium lauryl sulfate is a synthetic soap, or survivant that can be taken from coconut oil, palm kernel oil, or milk. It is also used in many cleansing & hygiene products and suitable for many general electrophoresis applications as a protein repair agent. Furthermore, sodium lauryl sulfate plays an important role in removing dirt, clay, and oil spots due to its excellent foam- and lather-forming properties. Moreover, high demand for sodium lauryl sulfate in the cleaning industry has played a major role in the development of effective technologies over the past few decades. There has been a steady rise in demand for the product due to increase in use of personal care products and the flexibility of access to developed economic livestock.
- The sudden outbreak of COVID-19 negatively has affected cosmetics demand patterns and specific categories of personal care products. Therefore, the demand for sodium lauryl sulfate is expected to be hampered.
- In addition, worldwide policies that restrict human mobility have also led to disruption in the provision of personal care products and reduced the demand for sodium lauryl sulfate.
- The availability of e-commerce platforms during these times has eliminated the inconvenience caused by last-minute customer offers. From a manufacturing standpoint, halt in production activities due to the pandemic is expected to increase the pressure on operating costs.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
Rise in demand for household detergents & cleaners
The global market for sodium lauryl sulfate is expected to grow significantly due to its widespread use as a soap and cleanser. Sodium lauryl sulfate is a major ingredient in engine cleaners, floor cleaners, and car wash soaps. Rise in awareness for personal and community hygiene increased the use of a surfactant such as SLS.
Sodium lauryl sulfate is also used in the biocide and pesticide industry due to its properties to inhibit potential protection against various cover-based and non-cover-based viruses. Moreover, sodium lauryl sulfate acts as an ascending agent, foam agent, conditioning agent, and precipitation agent in cosmetic products.
In addition, sodium lauryl sulfate is used in cosmetics, industrial cleansers, soaps, and cosmetics to create bubbles and foam. Reduced focus on safe use of waste, the need for cleaning domestic facilities, and clean waste disposal rates are expected to increase the demand for sodium lauryl sulfate over the forecast period.
Toxicity from sodium lauryl sulfate remains a key hindrance factor for the market growth as it causes skin irritation and eye damage. In addition, availability of substitutes, such as Ayurvedic or natural ingredients, are hinders the sodium lauryl sulfate market growth. Increased consumer attraction for natural cosmetic products decreases the demand for SLS.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the sodium lauryl sulfate market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the sodium lauryl sulfate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the sodium lauryl sulfate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the sodium lauryl sulfate market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Clariant Corporation, Godrej Industries Limited, BASF SE, Solvay S.A., Galaxy Surfactants Ltd., Croda International, Melan Chemical Co. Ltd., Huntsman Corporation