Sodium Lignosulfonate Market Analysis :
Sodium lignosulfonate is the sodium salt of lignosulfonic acid and is highly soluble in water. This salt has several chemical properties that are required in a wide variety of industries such as construction, oil & gas, and agriculture. Sodium lignosulfonate has superior water reducing properties, it reduces the water content in a concrete mixture and lowers its setting rate and yet retain its flowing nature. Catering to this property, sodium lignosulfonate is frequently used in the construction industry. It is also used in the manufacturing of pesticides to improve its suspensibility and wettability. Moreover, sodium lignosulfonate is used as additive in the production of cement and also in oil well additives.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the sodium lignosulfonate market to a great extent.
- Sodium lignosulfonate is frequently used in the construction industry and in cements due to its water reducing properties. However, the construction industry has fallen down significantly due to the global pandemic. This downfall of the construction industry has severely affected the global sodium lignosulfonate market.
- The outbreak of the global pandemic has impacted the livestock market to a great extent. The demand for several products like poultry has almost hit the bottom. This has caused a reduction in demand of animal feed and consequently the consumption sodium lignosulfonate in the form of animal feed binders has also decreased.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
The rapid urbanization and growth in emphasis on the development of residential and commercial infrastructure all over the world have propelled the growth of the construction industry. Since a major portion of the sodium lignosulfonate is utilized in the construction industry as water-reducing agents and in the manufacture of cements, the growth of the construction industry has fueled the demand for sodium lignosulfonate in the market. Moreover, the compound also offers antimicrobial and preservatives properties and thus it is extensively used in animal feed. With the increasing population and growing livestock market, the demand for sodium lignosulfonate also grows at a significant pace.
However, the availability of a number of alternatives such as sulfonated naphthalene formaldehyde, sulfonated melamine formaldehyde, and polycarboxylic ether might cause serious competition to the sodium lignosulfonate market. But the extensive array of applications of sodium lignosulfonate such as gypsum plasterboards, agricultural chemicals, and lead batteries propels the growth of the market.
Europe caters to the largest share of the sodium lignosulfonate market with developed nations like Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, and Sweden being the main importers and exporters. The market in the Asia-Pacific region is also expected to grow significantly due to the rapid developments in infrastructure in the emerging economies like India and China. The market in North America is anticipated to have a rapid growth, U.S. being the largest consumer of the region.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global sodium lignosulfonate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global sodium lignosulfonate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global sodium lignosulfonate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global sodium lignosulfonate market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the sodium lignosulfonate market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the sodium lignosulfonate market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sodium Lignosulfonate Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Cardinal Chemicals, Borregaard LignoTech, Material Technology, Sappi, Shenyang Xingzhenghe Chemical, Domsjo Fabriker, Tembec, Abelin Polymers, Burgo Group., Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd., Liaocheng Jinhui Chemical