Sodium metabisulphite is prepared by evaporating sodium bisulphite saturated with sulphur dioxide. It is a white crystalline powder solid with a slight odor of sulphur. It is toxic for humans when inhaled and strongly irritates skin and tissues. It is commonly used as a food preservative and a reducing agent.
The global increase in demand for packaged food products is expected to boost the sodium bisulphite market with application in the food and beverage industry. Moreover, the demand for food additives and preservatives is also expected to fuel the growth of the market. Furthermore, increase in research and development in new drug formulation has triggered the market demand of sodium metabisulphite in the pharmaceutical industry. Sodium metabisulphite is used in commercial wines to prevent oxidation and preserve flavor, which is likely to gain traction with increase in new brewery firms. With the increase in furniture and dcor demand, the market for sodium metabisulphite is expected to gain significant demand owing to its excellent bleaching properties. However, laboratory tests have shown carcinogenic results on exposure to sodium metabisulphite, which is expected to hinder the market growth. Rapid industrial expansion is expected to drive its market.
North America is the major market for sodium bisulphite owing to the increase in demand for packaged food and beverage products followed by Europe. Furthermore, rapid urbanization coupled with growth in the paper and pulp and pharmaceutical industries are expected to increase its market share in Asia-Pacific region.
The report on the global sodium metabisulphite market is segmented into grade, end-user, and geography. Based on grade, the market is segmented into food, non-food, and photo. Based on end user, the report includes food and beverage, pharmaceutical, water treatment plants, paper and pulp, photography industry, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Top market players in the sodium metabisulphite market include BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Solvay, Aditya Birla Chemicals, Shandong Kailong Chemical Technology Development Co. Ltd, Arkema, Evonik Industries, Ultramarine India Pvt. Ltd, Qingdao Tianya Chemical Co., Ltd, and Hans Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of current market and estimations that assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on the global sodium metabisulphite market.
- In-depth coverage of the market including drivers, restraints, and opportunities helps professionals to better understand the market behavior.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships, and acquisitions in the market is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the market and assists strategists in better decision-making.
- Pinpoint analysis of geographical segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the market.
Sodium Metabisulphite Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Evonik Industries, Hans Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Ultramarine India Pvt. Ltd,, BASF SE, Qingdao Tianya Chemical Co., Ltd,, Solvay, Aditya Birla Chemicals, Arkema, Shandong Kailong Chemical Technology Development Co. Ltd, The Dow Chemical Company