Sodium methoxide is a product of an exothermic reaction between elemental sodium and methanol. It is a white-to-pale yellow colored, odorless powder, which is flammable, but not explosive, and is decomposed upon exposure to extreme heat. Generally, sodium methoxide is sold as a 2530% solution in methanol for various applications, such as production of vitamin A1, B1, trimethoprim, sulfadiazine, analytical agents, and others.
Moreover, it is widely used as a catalyst in biodiesel production. Sodium methoxide is extremely reactive to oxygen. Hence, it is kept away from moisture, water, or air at high temperatures (above 126C) to avoid being decomposed to sodium hydroxide and methanol.
The global sodium methoxide market has witnessed significant growth over the past few years. The market is expected to witness significant growth in the near future, owing to surge in its demand for use in various applications, especially in pharmaceutical and agro-based industries, and organic synthesis of various products.
In addition, growing demand for sodium methylate as a catalyst in applications, such as edible oil processing, grease, and synthetic detergents is further supplement the market growth. Moreover, market is expected to be driven by the steady growth in biodiesel production for being used as a catalyst. However, high cost of raw materials is expected to hamper the market growth.
The global sodium methoxide market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is divided into solid, and liquid/solution. Based on application, the market is categorized into pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, plastics & polymers, personal care, analytical reagent, biodiesel, and others. Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market have adopted key strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships to strengthen their market outreach and sustain the stiff competition in the market.
Key Market Players
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Anhui Jinbang Medicine Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Zibo Xusheng Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Dezhou Longteng Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Inner Mongolia Lantai Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Supra Group of Companies
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The major countries in each region have been mapped based on their market revenues.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of each segment of the global sodium methoxide market is provided in the report.
Sodium Methoxide Market Key Segments:
- Plastics & Polymers
- Personal Care
- Analytical Reagent
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA