Sodium Perchlorate Market Outlook - 2027
Sodium perchlorate is a white crystalline, hygroscopic solid inorganic compound, which is highly soluble in water and alcohol. It is usually encountered as a monohydrate. It is produced by anodic oxidation of sodium chlorate with platinum. Sodium perchlorate is used in explosives, jet fuels, and to manufacture other chemicals. In addition, it is employed in metallurgy for the extraction of vanadium and uranium. Moreover, sodium perchlorate is used as a catalyst, as it releases oxygen on decomposition, and is used as a bleaching agent.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to economic hardship for consumers and businesses around the world.
- Concerns over the pandemic has affected the spending pattern of consumers, which has a significant effect on the paper & pulp industry, majorly the packaging industry where sodium perchlorate is extensively used as a bleaching agent. This is attributed to decline in demand for sodium perchlorate across the globe.
- The disrupted supply chain has severely affected the logistics part of the business, and the ill-effect of which is further impacting end-user industries.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
Sodium perchlorate is one of the widely used chemical, especially in the paper & pulp industry, which acts as the key driving factor of the global sodium perchlorate market. In addition, it is used in the production of chlorine dioxide, which is a bleaching agent used in the elemental chlorine-free (ECF) process of wood pulp bleaching.
Easy availability, ease of storage, and cost-effectiveness of sodium perchlorate are driving its adoption in various industries. Demand for high-quality packaging paper, tissue paper, and craft paper has been increasing, and is likely to provide lucrative growth opportunities to for the expansion of the global sodium perchlorate market. The trend of using eco-friendly techniques for production of paper is anticipated to escalate the demand for this compound as an eco-friendly bleaching agent in the market.
Rise in demand for sodium perchlorate in dye manufacturing and leather& tanning industry is a significant factor propelling the growth of the market. Sodium perchlorate is further employed in metal surface treatment applications in construction, automotive, industrial equipment, medical, and aerospace sectors, and is used as an effective defoliant in the agricultural industry.
However, prolonged exposure to sodium perchlorate is anticipated to cause health hazards such as dizziness, discoloration of skin, and irritation in throat & lungs. The adverse effects of sodium perchlorate on health is anticipated to hamper the growth of the global sodium perchlorate market.
Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest share of the sodium perchlorate market, due to the presence of numerous chemical companies in the region. The market in the North America region is further anticipated to grow steadily, owing to high demand from the paper & pulp industry in large economies such as the U.S.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global sodium perchlorate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global sodium perchlorate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global sodium perchlorate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global sodium perchlorate market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global sodium perchlorate market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Sodium Perchlorate Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
EMD Chemical, Oakton, PerkinElmer, Shree Chlorates, GFS Chemicals, Thermo Fisher, and Spectrum Chemical
Other Key Market Players
American Pacific, Shree Chlorates