Software-Defined Radio Market Outlook - 2027
A software-defined radio is a radio communication device that replaces the hardware components installed on the radio by a personal computer program or embedded system. A personal computer with a sound card or another analog to digital converter is given for a software-defined radio (SDR) which is led by some sort of radio frequency front end.Embedded device substitutes for hardware parts such as filters, amplifiers, mixers, detectors, demodulators, and modulators. Once software-defined radios transfer the data from one source to a digital format, software-driven automated features are used to conduct secondary tasks involving radio communications. A radio program can also transmit and receive a range of frequencies.The risk of hardware replacement or adaptation according to customer needs is also removed.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- Tech firms are stepping up their emphasis on high-demand innovations and finding new ways to support their consumers, even as the COVID-19 crisis poses problems across sectors and leads to a decline in high technology investment.
- Business organizations, particularly in hit countries, allow their employees to continue working from their home to ensure business sustainability in the mid-COVID 19 crisis, resulting in an increased demand for online video streaming, downloading, and communication via video conferencing which results in increased network traffic and use of data.
- The ongoing pandemic has forced global telecommunications operators to test their network resilience and rethink plans, particularly in 5G technology. This is expected to affect the 5G commercial deployments and also revenue generated by 5G services.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Considering the increasing usage of software-driven radios (SDR), the use of hardware-based radio systems is declining. Current hardware-based radiological tools limit cross-functionality and can only be changed by physical interference that increases the cost of production and flexibility. The costs for changing and customizing the device have been minimized using SDRs, which drive business growth. SDRs have also significantly reduced the cost of production. SDR has significant portions of the RF system and can; therefore, be updated by simply downloading a new program file to improve the system functionality. The use of various types of modems has also contributed to issues related to interoperability. SDRs typically require comprehensive software development and a complex PCB architecture. It calls for professional knowledge and solid expertise in the design and development of PCBs as well as large country networks. Most Asian countries with over half the world's population lack sufficient network infrastructure, which could impede business growth.
The global software-defined radiosmarket trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
U.S. Navy communications specialists have provided Data Link Solutions, ViaSat, each with a five-year contract worth almost a billion dollars each to provide U.S. and allied aircraft, ground vehicles, and surface warships with modern tactical networking and voice communications capabilities (MIDS-JTRS). Besides, Data Link Solutions also in August 2019 received a $75 million order, to update MIDS-LVT software-defined military network radio communications to provide the U.S. Navy with an upgraded high-capacity, jam-resistant, wireless data and voice communications system. Also, Ettus Research announced in January 2019 that USRP E320 software-defined radio (SDR) would be developed which compared to its predecessor, the USRP E31x, has four times morepower.
Rising telecommunication adoption of SDRs and increased demand for next-generation IP systems
Standards for consumer broadband networks are evolving constantly, from 2G/3G to 4G and 5G. Such shifts create issues for customers, wireless network operators, and suppliers of equipment, as customers are required to purchase new handsets and wireless network operators face challenges during network conversion from one generation to the next due to the presence of a large number of subscribers. Integrating SDR chips into mobile handsets will fix this migration problem, as only software updates would be necessary to solve the whole issue.Demand for new IP systems is increasing as profitability is improved by providing consumers a variety of IP network products that can deliver faster services, minimize transaction costs and boost userexperience because these networks are less vulnerable to single-point failure.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global software-defined radios industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the software-defined radios market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the global software-defined radios market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Software-defined Radio Market Report Highlights
By Frequency Band
Key Market Players
Thales Group, Northrop Grumman Corporation, and ViaSat., Collins Aerospace, Elbit Systems, BAE Systems, Harris Corporation, Leonardo, General Dynamics, Rohde & Schwarz