Soil testing equipment are the mechanical devices used in the construction projects and geological application to determine the characteristics of the soil. The soil testing equipment are used to determine the pH value and nutrient content in the soil. The soil testing equipment is used in agricultural applications to determine the fertility of the soil as well as the lime and fertilizer requirement for the crops. The soil testing equipment is majorly carried out to determine the behavior of the soil under varying conditions of moisture, stress, temperature and others. Soil testing equipment are used by civil and geotechnical engineers to gather information about the mechanical behavior of soil. Soil testing is an important aspect for the design of buildings, pavements, bridges, dams, road and other infrastructures.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for the soil testing equipment is expected to decrease in 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand form construction and agriculture industries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the soil testing equipment, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the soil testing equipment market significantly form last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed form giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends , Drivers and Impact Analysis
High demand of soil testing equipment from the construction and agricultural industries is expected to fuel the growth of soil testing equipment market. Increase in construction activities across various regions increases the demand for the soil testing equipment as it determines the soil condition required for the planned construction. Surge in demand for precision farming and modern practices for increasing the productivity and profitability in agricultural sector drives the market growth.
The global soil testing equipment market trends are:
New product launches to flourish the market
The launch of new generation technologically advanced soil testing equipment can boost the growth of the soil testing equipment market. In the past few years, many such products having unique features were launched in the market. In September 2019, one of the global leader in soil testing equipment Ele International has launched a new version of software for the soil testing equipment in accordance with the ASTM and AASTHO standards. The product is designed for the geotechnical laboratories for research and development. The new version of soil testing can improve the quality of soil testing such as permeability, consolidation and triaxial soil tests.
High demand from applications :
Soil testing equipment are used in various construction and agricultural applications. Soil testing is a function in the civil engineering and geotechnical testing. This equipment is used to analyze the soil conditions and valuable information on the soil mechanics before designing of pavements, embankment, highways, and other such structures. It is used to determine the nutrient content and pH of the soil. Soil testing encourages the plant growth by providing the fertilizer recommendations and determining the acid content in the soil. The proctor compaction soil testing equipment is used to identify the moisture content and relative density of the soil. The California bearing ratio soil testing equipment is used to determine the strength of the soil and other soil characteristics such as moisture content, strength and durability. The dynamic cone penetrometer is used to determine the soil shear strength to the depth up to 6 ft. The constant head permeability equipment is used to determine the soil behavior for the better growth of crops in the agricultural fields.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the soil testing equipment market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the soil testing equipment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the soil testing equipment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Soil Testing Equipment Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Humboldt Mfg. Co, Ele International, S.W. Cole, Geotechnical Testing Equipment UK Ltd, Agilent Technologies, Sun Labtek Equipments Pvt. Ltd, LaMotte Company, PerkinElmer Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Controls S.p.A, Gilson Company Inc., Martin Lishman Ltd, Merck Group