Solanesol Market Outlook
Solanesol (Nonaisoprenol) is an organic compound with the chemical formula Me2C=CHCH2(CH2C(Me)=CHCH2)8OH. It is a white waxy solid, which is soluble in organic solvents but insoluble in water and is optically inactive. It is a non-cyclic terpene alcohol that consists of nine isoprene units and mainly accumulates in solanaceous crops that include tobacco, potato, tomato, eggplant, and pepper plants. In plants, solanesol exists in both free and esterified structures and its collection is impacted by hereditary and natural variables. Solanesol is generally utilized in pharmaceutical industries as an intermediate for the synthesis of ubiquinone drugs, such as coenzyme Q10 and nutrient K2. Solanesol is also used as starting material in synthesis of high-value bio-chemicals such as Vitamin-K analogues and Coenzyme Q10. It is extracted from leaves and stems of solanaceous species.
The solanesol market growth is driven by the rise in demand from the pharmaceutical industry owing to the rise in its use for various treatments such as cardiovascular diseases, osteoporosis, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, and wound healing. In addition, solanesol possesses antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, and anti-ulcer activities, which boost the market growth. However, strict government regulations on solanesol due to its addictive drug properties hampers the growth of the market. Meanwhile, the rise in investments on R&D activities to manufacture new pharmaceutical products, using solanesol, offers lucrative growth opportunities for the market. Considering the significance of solanesol in the pharmaceutical industry, application of tobacco or tobacco waste as a source of this chemical has attained significance. Thus, solanesol has excellent prospects in the future as drug intermediate, which has produced considerable interest in this compound.
The global solanesol market is segmented into type, application, and region. By type, it is divided into 90% solanesol and 95% solanesol. By application, it is classified into coenzyme Q10, vitamin K2, and N-solanesyl-N, N′-bis(3,4-dimethoxybenzyl) ethylenediamine. Region-wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle-East, and Africa).
Some of the main market players operating in the global solanesol industry are ExtRx, Zhejiang Yixin Pharmaceutical Co., JSN Chemicals Ltd., Naturite Agro Products Ltd., TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd., Xi’an TonKing, Zhongshan Belling Biotechnology Co. Ltd., Vinkem, Bio-Pharma Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., Gremount International Company limited, Co. Ltd., and others.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- The global solanesol market size has been analyzed across four major regions.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for building strategies.
- The report outlines the current solanesol market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- Major countries in each region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market and to illustrate solanesol market share.
- The key drivers, restraints, and market opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The market analysis covers in-depth information of major solanesol industry participants and solanesol market forecast.
Questions answered in the solanesol market research report:
- What is the growth rate of the solanesol market during the forecast period?
- What will be the global solanesol market size ?
- Who are the leading manufacturing companies in the solanesol market?
- How the major current trends will shape the market in the future?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with thorough plans, financials, and also recent advancements should set a presence?
- Why are some of the segments flourishing at the highest growth rate while others experience a steady growth?
- What are the conclusions of the solanesol market report?
Solanesol Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Vinkem, Bio-Pharma Laboratories Pvt. Ltd, JSN Chemicals Ltd, Xi’an TonKing, TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd., ExtRx, Gremount International Company limited, Naturite Agro Products Ltd., Zhejiang Yixin Pharmaceutical Co., Zhongshan Belling Biotechnology Co. Ltd