Solar carports are an offshoot of traditional carports, which provide shade and protection for vehicle. To be precise they are taller ground-mounted solar panels, which are simply lifted high enough so that a vehicle can fit below.
It uses similar equipment as ground-mounted solar panel systems and therefore requires a similar installation process as well.
Solar carports are customized to include solar panels in their structure, where the panels themselves serve as a dual-purpose solution for both covering the owner’s vehicle and for producing clean energy. Solar carports are also reliable power resources for the surrounding lights and buildings.
- The global market for solar carport is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of solar carport, which negatively impact the market growth.
- However, this situation is expected to improve as government has started relaxing norms around the world for resuming business activities.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, and drivers
Solar carport has many advantages which are its driving factor as well. For instance, the electricity being produced by solar carport is just like any other solar energy, it can be used in home, stored in a battery, exchanged for credits in the grid, or funneled into your EV battery. Overall, a solar carport gives you a significant amount of flexibility over how you use your solar energy, which is one of the key drivers of solar carport market.
Solar panels cannot support 100% on rooftop because when installing solar panels on a rooftop, there are many variables that may limit where the panels are placed. Whereas, in the case of solar carport this will not be an issue.
The direction of solar panels and the angle at which they are placed has a huge impact on the amount of energy being produced. A solar carport can be configured to optimize the positioning of those solar panels.However, this may not be as simple for a rooftop solar panel system.
The global solar carport market is studied across major four regional markets including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America is expected to be the largest market over the coming years in response to the average system price of solar carports continuing to fall, commercial solar developers can offer increased value to customers in the form of larger project sizes and greater electricity savings. In addition to this, trends such as, developers’ moving away from vertical integration to tap into lower-cost structural suppliers, and vendors trying to increase their scope of services to combat falling prices, is further expected to complement the growth of this region.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the solar carport market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global solar carport market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global solar carport market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global solar carport market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Solar Carport Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Versol Solar, Cenergy Power, Hangzhou Huading, Upsolar, Paladin Solar, Solarcentury, Anyo, Mibet Energy, SankyoAlumi, Green Choice Solar, GE Industry, ORIX